We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

re-confirm domestic flights?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
705 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
re-confirm domestic flights?

I just called egypt air (here in the states) to re-confirm my flight from cairo to sharm. the agent told me i'm already confirmed and there is no reason to call.

i'm also flying all over the country (inclusing the dreaded aswan-abu simbel flight!) over the next 3 weeks...

do you think i should call and re-confirm anyway, or is this really not necessary? if they're not going to do anything with the res anyway....

(i'm at the airport and i'm that nervous "pre-trip mode"...wondering if i'll make my 2 connections and if i remembered to pack everything!)

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
884 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: re-confirm domestic flights?

I'd give a call anyway. As you're not traveling in a group you'll be one of the first people that they'll bump off and there are often a few people waiting on standby for the more popular times.

If you decide not to call, don't cut it too fine to check in for your flights to make sure you're not the one that they bump.

Have a good trip!

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: re-confirm domestic flights?

Hi C,

Don't worry. I don't think it's necessary to call and re-confirm. I travel often to Luxor and Aswan and I never re-confirm my flights. Never had a problem.

CHEERS!

New York, USA
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: re-confirm domestic flights?

If you booked your flights online, there is no need to call to reconfirm. I never do and have never had a problem. Just relax and have an awesome time. :-)

TB08

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
705 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: re-confirm domestic flights?

thanks! i'm on a layover so i'm about...10% of the way there!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
705 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: re-confirm domestic flights?

thanks! i'm on my first layover -- only 18 hours to go

New York, USA
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: re-confirm domestic flights?

Oh good lawd, well it seems like you are keeping busy with the internet. Hope you have a good book as well. It'll be all be worth it when you get there! :-)

TB08

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
705 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: re-confirm domestic flights?

yes, thank god for the internet. now i'm in paris and my flight to cairo is delayed --- no time estimate - just "delayed".

i'm so glad i decided to o/n in cairo instead of trying to make it thru to sharm/dahab tonight.

8. Re: re-confirm domestic flights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 20:22