We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In need of a reputable tour company

Alabama
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
In need of a reputable tour company

I am currently planning a trip to Egypt in March, but the more I research, the more concerned I get. There are a lot of tour companies out there and it's hard to get an idea of which ones are actually reputable. Some seem to have good deals, but they wont let you pay with a credit card. That really scares me. There is one company that I think looks good, Egypt Unexpected, but I can't find any information about them outside of thier website. Has anyone had experience with them? Are there some tour groups that people have had great experiences with that could be recommended? We are looking for a tour that covers Cairo and Luxor. Help!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In need of a reputable tour company

Check out Travel in Style in San Francisco. We used them last year for an unbelievable private tour and highly recommend them. Omar is the head of the family run business and is Egyptian. His run the company for over 20 years and works extremely hard to make sure you enjoy your visit. He arranged for everything for us in Cairo, Luxor, Minya, Aswan, Abu Simbel, Sharm el Shiekh and also in Jordan.

You can check them out at: http://www.travelinstyle.com/egypt/index.html

Chris

2. Re: In need of a reputable tour company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 January 2009, 19:37
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In need of a reputable tour company

I highly recommend Marhaba Tours. We used them for our stay in Ciaro and trip on the Nile. We stayed at the Oberoi in Ciaro and went on the Oberoi Philae on the Nile. They were the most expenseive company we got quotes from but we were very happy we used them particularly when on the Nile Cruise. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294200-i9124-k158…

cheers

HP

Alabama
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: In need of a reputable tour company

Thank you very much. I will look into them.

Yardley, PA
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In need of a reputable tour company

In October 2008 four of us went to Egypt and Jordan for 3 weeks. We used Egypt Unexpected, booking all from the US thru the Internet with Yasser Mahran. They were very accomodating, tailoring the trip to our needs. We started in Cairo (Yasser met us at the airport), train to Aswan, flight to Abu Simbel, Nile cruise to Luxor, extra time in Luxor (drive to Abydos to see Temple of Seti I, drive to Denderah to see Hathor Temple), flight to Sharme El Sheikh, by land to Dahab and St. Caherine, onward to Jordan by land to see Wadi Rum, Petra, Kerak, Madaba, Mount Nebo, Amman, Dead Sea & Jerash. Through out the trip we had execllent drivers and guides. Our accomodations were good and exactly as stated/pre arranged. The trip was very well organized and we had experienced no problems whatsover. I would highly recommend Egypt Unexpected for a such a visit.

Alabama
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: In need of a reputable tour company

How were payments arranged, if you don't mind me asking? Did you have any problems with that? I think that's why we have been so hesitant to use them. Thank you.

Minneapolis
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: In need of a reputable tour company

We used Egypt Unexpected and could not have been more pleased - warm, friendly, very knowledgeable - did everything as promised and more! Incredible value for dollar. Our trip to Egypt was truly a trip of a lifetime and we have traveled the world.

Yardley, PA
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: In need of a reputable tour company

The initial deposit (for 4 people) was paid via Western Union, which was the least expensive way to send such a small amount. Our final payment was made via a wire transfer thru my bank, which was the least expensive way to send a large amount of money. In both cases I was notified immediately by Yasser when the money was received. Egypt Unexpected gave great value for the money and their services was superb! I most definately recommend them.

Minneapolis
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: In need of a reputable tour company

We did a bank transfer - no problem. Yasser is very efficient and will keep you updated all along the way. He gave us a bank number and we just transfered the funds - least expensive, most efficient.

Alabama
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: In need of a reputable tour company

Thank you so very much. I really appreciate all the info.