We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Step2Egypt

London
6 posts
Save Topic
Step2Egypt

We completed a tour of Egypt recently (January' 2009) through Step2Egypt and it was simply great. We enjoyed starting from the beginning and right to the end. The hotels in Cairo and in Hurgada and the Nile Cruise were all of the best quality. They are a budget company and we covered almost all of Egypt excepting Alexandria including the kind of Abu Simbel, Desert Safary, Submarine tour etc. We have received everything which they promised us in the itinerary. We would recommend this to any body who wants to travel Egypt but is looking for best budget Tour Company which will give them value for money without compromising the service.

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Step2Egypt

Hi there,

Thanks for dropping by to post about your experiences.

However, to be more helpful for other members here, perhaps you could tell us a bit more about the tour. What you saw, how the guides were, which hotels you stayed in, if the Nile Cruise was a good quality and so on.

Just bits and pieces which would be helpful for other travellers wishing to do the same tour.

Louise

London
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Step2Egypt

It was altogether a very pleasant journey , the hotels in Cairo (Zoser), Stigenburger (Hurgada), Nile cruise (Emilio) were all of best quality.

We covered cairo , aswan, luxor, hurgada, abu simbel , desert safari, submarine tour. Guide was very helpful and knowledgeable . We would always recommend this upcoming tour company which will be cost effective but without compromising the service and will give value for money.

Wales
Level Contributor
124 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Step2Egypt

Please could you tell us a bit more about the ship that you had for the Nile cruise

- what was its name how many passengers? how was the food?

- did you have to sit at the same table with the same people for all meals?

- were the cabins a reasonable size?

And what was the smoking policy on board?

Friends who have recently returned from a Nile cruise said it was spoiled for them by the very large number of smokers who ignored the ban on smoking in the restaurant.

Thanks for your help.

London
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Step2Egypt

Hi there, nope, there was a very strict smoking policy in place, only in the reception area smoking was permitted, the cabins were of very good size, we had a large double bed room, the name was Emilio. We had one fixed table for dinner and lunch and breakfast but it was only for our family, nobody else was allowed to sit in there, so it was very pleasent out there. There was a party be it Galaba dance or Nubian village party every evening in the Pub area. Altogether it was one of the best cruises in that area because we had to cross many Cruises sometimes to get into ours when we went out for any tour outside as the cruises were all lined side by side in the port area. I think it is clear, if you want to know anything else you can contact me over my personal email, I would love to give you more info.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,176 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Step2Egypt

Hi,

Do you mean the Domina Emilio Prestige?

I was on there from 23rd Jan till Mon 26th & really enjoyed it; have yet to put my whole trip report together.

Regards

London
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Step2Egypt

and oh sorry food was very good and the cruise was not at all over crowded though we went there in the peak of the season at the end of January' 2009. You would get right from rice, veg, beaf, chicken, soup, deserts, breads of many kind etc. but no mutton or lamb, it is very rarely you get in Egypt.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,176 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Step2Egypt

I loved the food too; I actually had an omlette one morning, cooked whilst you watched....I never normally eat omlette!

I loved the wide choice of breads & would agree that our boat looked much nicer than some, from the brief glimpse you get when crossing gangways.

Waiters were good fun too, showing us tricks at the table & doing "origami" with the napkins.

The cabins are surprisingly spacious & whilst in Luxor, we had a little black & white kingfisher come knocking at our window, 4 times. He perched on the handrail & was peering in.

My only other Nile cruise was 20 yrs ago, with the Presidential line; they were also good but don't know how they fare now.

The Emilio wasn't crowded &, as a non-smoker, I didn't find it hard to keep away from the smokers. I didn't notice it in the dining room, but we were on 3 large tables & our smokers refrained.

Our cabin was under the bar area & I did find the evening entertainment a little intrusive one night, but it wasn't that late. We were on such a busy schedule that most of the group wanted early nights.

I'd def be happy to return to this boat.

Regards

Regards

London
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Step2Egypt

Yes Dimino Emilio one, we were there from Luxor to Aswan from 26th of January' 2009 to 30th January' 2009. Yes we enjoyed everything as well, we were in the room on the floor, just top of the reception. The deck area was great as well. Our tour operator was very good, so it was not that hectic just one day, we had one full day rest as well against that.

Wales
Level Contributor
124 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Step2Egypt

Thanks sumsumana for your additional comments and all the others who have contributed. Most helpful. Thanks.

10. Re: Step2Egypt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 03:17