We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa and work permit

almeria
6 posts
Save Topic
visa and work permit

Hi, I am a Spanish girl who is going to egypt in august to work in Cairo. So, do I need to apply for a visa or work permit to work there for a year?

i was talking to the person who is going to hire me and he told me that i do not need that....... can anyone help me plis? thanks!

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa and work permit

You definitely need a work permit if you plan to stay legally and work for a year. If I were you, I wouldn't work or trust someone who tells me that I don't need a work permit.

CHEERS

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
881 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa and work permit

Agree with Mofissio about the trust issue.

One thing to note is that you, yourself cannot apply for a work permit, the person hiring you has to do this, and some of the more unscrupulous people will just say it's not necessary to save themselves some money, but it will be you that will be running all the risks being here with no permit to work.

It may be wise to look for a bigger or international company to hire you.

3. Re: visa and work permit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2009, 04:36