We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egypt Air

Nottingham,UK
Level Contributor
67 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Egypt Air

Another question re:Domestic Egypt Air Flights. One tour operator has said it is OK to book connecting international flights on the same day as domestic flights, another has said they do not recommend it as Egypt Air have a habit of chaging their schedules at the last minute for no apparent reason.

Any experience?

Egypt Tours 4all
Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Travelish Tours
Multi-day Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Egypt Air

My daughter had booked and flown Egypt Air from Heathrow to Cairo on a couple of occasions. Never had any problems with the flight or times! She even flew up to Cairo from Sharm with her Egyptian boyfriend cheaply and with no problems....

Troodos Mountains...
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Egypt Air

My daughter flies Sharm - Cairo then UK or Cyprus round 2 to 3 times a year, leaves a reasonable gap between connections and has not had any problems that I am aware of other than new international airport in Cairo does not have a Starbucks that she could find unlike the old terminal. In fact planning my visit to her and will use internal flight Cairo to Sharm and return in September.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
10,157 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Egypt Air

Hi Keilder,

As with any airline, flights can be cancelled or delayed but imo based on many domestic flights with them, Egypt Air are pretty reliable. I have had minor delays, the worst was a flight 90 mins late for Abu Simbel.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
372 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Egypt Air

If there are about 4 to 5 hours between teh 2 flights, then it doesnt matter. They are just afraid as sometimes the international flights delay.

Nottingham,UK
Level Contributor
67 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Egypt Air

Thank you all for your help

6. Re: Egypt Air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2010, 07:17