We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abu Simbel

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
383 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Abu Simbel

If I'm not mistaken Friday is a day off for most Egyptians. Will this make any difference visiting Abu Simbel? I wouldn't think so; but want to make sure before I book the flight (FYI-going on 25th December). Also, should we allow time for a nice lunch while there or head back to Aswan for lunch? Details, details:). Many thanks.

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
755 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Abu Simbel

Christmas Day ??..Cool.

A nice lunch there is somewhat hard to come by as the only hotel isn;t the greatest and isn't really geared for guest lunchers!. I would head back to Aswan (somehwere like the Old Cataract would be superb for Christmas if you could get in).

Being a Friday shouldn't have any impact at all...enjoy!

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
383 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Abu Simbel

Thanks. So if we arrive, via flight, Abu Simbel 09:10 and return flight departs at 11:55 am I leaving enough time to get to site, explore and make the return? Again thanks, and TA is soooo much help.

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,959 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Abu Simbel

Yes it will be enough time. When you land there are coaches laid on by Egyptair that take you to the temples.(journey time about 10-15mins) These same coaches return you for your flight back,the driver will tell you what time you need to meet back.

Try to sit on the left of the plane as you will get a great aerial view of the temples;-)

Karen

england
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Abu Simbel

I was in abusimble on friday there is no problem

5. Re: Abu Simbel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2010, 07:25