We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need recommendations for tour operators

cleveland,ohio
Level Contributor
51 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Need recommendations for tour operators

We are planning for a 5 to 7 day trip to Egypt in end of December. Recommendations on tour operators? US operators or local operators? Buy flights seperately or inclusive? what is must see?

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Perth
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need recommendations for tour operators

Of course local operators are cheaper than US operators.You can book your flight online and find reasonable priced package with local company.

In Egypt you must see :Cairo,Luxor and Aswan if you are look for cultural tour and Sharm Elsheikh if you are looking for beach holiday.

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Aswan
Aswan
Aswan Governorate, Egypt
Perth
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need recommendations for tour operators

I did a lot of research on internet before i book my tour.I was trying to find a very good reputable agent and same time not overpriced.I emailed alot of recommended companies here and made my decision after long time,i have comparison worksheet which i can happily email you.

My email address is: monalisaqua2@yahoo.com

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
10,391 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need recommendations for tour operators

Read this 1st tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294200-c141912/Egypt…

Then, while I might want to argue with this list, see tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g294201-c85399/Cair…

Please note that this list is NOT in alphabetical order. You should place NO importance on a company's position in the list. Check out all that look of interest, see what those listed as recommending actually said/did and then ask several for quotes

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need recommendations for tour operators

There are thousands of companies that sell packages to Egypt and it's not always easy for a first timer to find a suitable one.

What I recommend is that you go through the list that eLaRef mentioned, get in contact with as many as you can, and then choose the company that YOU think is the most suitable. Travelers are different and what suits me would not suit all the others.

I usually ask one company to handle all the services in Egypt, but I pay for the international flight myself.

In 5-7 days you'll not have enough time to see much. The highlights are the Pyramids of Giza, Islamic and Coptic Cairo, the Egyptian Museum, Luxor (a must). I don't think you'll have time to take a Nile cruise.

A golden piece of advice is to make sure that you have your own travel insurance. Never trust a travel company even if you're paying a golden price for your travel package. I have my own travel insurance that I've customized myself so I know exactly what' I'm paying for.

Another piece of advice is to make sure 100% that you're dealing with a RELIABLE company before you decide to pay by credit card or wire transfer. The latter is common among local companies.

CHEERS

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Giza
Giza
Giza Governorate, Egypt
Islamic Cairo
Islamic Cairo
684 Reviews
Cairo, Egypt
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
5. Re: Need recommendations for tour operators

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2011, 07:16