We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Departing Egypt by boat

sydney
Level Contributor
386 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Departing Egypt by boat

I am doing the early research for a trip to Egypt. While the focus is Egypt, after travelling the distance from Australia I would like to spend a little time in another country. I realise many people include Jordan. While this is one option that i am considering, I would like to know if there is an option of travelling from Egypt by boat. The ridiculous thing is I dont necessarily have a destination in mind - maybe Morocco, Spain, Portugal, Greece - am open to suggestions. I dont really want to just cruise (but want to be comfortable) but like the idea of varying transport from a plane trip. Is it possible?

Thanks in anticipation.

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,754 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Departing Egypt by boat

If you want to do a boat trip, have you considerd a Nile Cruise as part of your Egypt Experience? You could do this this on one of the many cruise boats that travel between Luxor and Aswan. There are also the more traditonal boats on which you can sail too. Check out the Luxor forum for more info on these.

I'm not 100% certain about this but I think you can get ferries from Alexandria to Greece or Italy. You may get more helpful information from the Alexandria forum.

In Egypt you can also travel on the train. This is considered something of an experience - especially the Cairo to Luxor/Aswan route. There is a sleeper train on this route too. Again, have a look at the Luxor forum.

To get to Morocco you would proabably need to fly from Cairo. You can get a ferry from Morocco to Spain (at least you used to be able to and I assume it is still running).

2. Re: Departing Egypt by boat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2011, 06:17