We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I took your advice. Questions about car hire.

Swansea, MA
Level Contributor
336 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
I took your advice. Questions about car hire.

I took your advice and I don't plan to drive in Egypt. On certain days when we are taking afternoon flights we will have to check out of the hotel and will have our luggage with us. If we hire a car and driver is it safe to leave our belongings in the car while we see the sites? I plan to hire a driver for the day and seeing the sites without a guide. Any recommendations?

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,700 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I took your advice. Questions about car hire.

Many hotels will offer Luggage Storage facilities.

Leaving luggage with your driver is a fairly normal thing. It is important though that you keep a record of the cab/driver licence number and the car number plate - just in case of the worst case scenario.

If you are visiting the Valley of Kings in Luxor you will not be allowed to take your camera in with you - not just the tombs but the whole valley beyond the ticket office. Although there is a camera drop off point at the entrance, it is now normal for people to leave their cameras on their coaches or with their taxi driver.

England
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I took your advice. Questions about car hire.

Hi figlet

We have done both, left them with the driver and left them with the hotel. Personally I prefer to leave them at the hotel because one time a taxi we used (a long time ago) stacked our bags on the roof of his taxi and dropped us off. I was worried sick about the bags. He came back for us as arranged but I just felt that my bags werent really left securely so worried about it a bit. If its a private car then I would say you have a bit more security there, but the hotels are normally our choice

YS

3. Re: I took your advice. Questions about car hire.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2011, 07:23