We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any cheap airlines that fly into Cairo & Amman?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
225 reviews
Save Topic
Are there any cheap airlines that fly into Cairo & Amman?

Are there any cheap airlines that fly from the UK or European cities into Cairo and/or Amman?

Thanks

Pam

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any cheap airlines that fly into Cairo & Amman?

If by cheap airlines you are referring to EasyJet, Ryanair or Jet Blue style low cost carriers, then I'm afraid the answer, in the case of Cairo, is no. Even charter operators; with the exception of those doing the Red Sea - Cairo day tour services, can't seem to get slots there.

The only way you'll be able to get a reasonably priced ticket is to plan where you want to arrive in Cairo from well in advance and look at various airlines that connnect the two countries.cities; and be prepared for having to connnect between two flights at the main hub of whichever airline you book your flights with.

As for getting from Cairo - Amman, your only real options appear to be Egyptair or Royal Jordanian. Both are reported to be perfectly adequate airlines for international and, in the case of Egyptair, domestic services (I can personally vouch for Egyptair in both instances).

One thing to bear in mind is that Egyptair is a "dry" airline, i.e. no alcohol is served, but I can't say if this is the case with Royal Jordanian.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any cheap airlines that fly into Cairo & Amman?

Thanks for all that info, I will look into those airlines.

Sorry I have taken so long to reply but I just got back from a holiday on the East coast of Australia.

Cheers

Pam

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any cheap airlines that fly into Cairo & Amman?

Try to check with Turkish Air. They have cheap flights from Europe via Istanbul, almost half the price of Egypt Air and Royal Jordanian.

CHEERS

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any cheap airlines that fly into Cairo & Amman?

Excellent suggestion Mofissio.

I used a combination of Turkish Airlines (THY) and Egyptair (MS) operated THY codeshare flights for my Manchester - Cairo return segments last August and found that they weren't only very competitively priced but that the in-flight food was probably the best I've had in 40 odd years of flying.

Sure, they were narrow-bodied aircraft on all sectors (THY 737-800's and MS A320's), which might not appeal to some people, and I had to connect in Istanbul, but all the aircraft were clean and comfortable, the cabin crew were great and Attaturk International is right up there with Prague for ease of navigation from the airside arrivals - departure halls.

London, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there any cheap airlines that fly into Cairo & Amman?

Easyjet is flying to Amman starting from March this year.

There is a cheap airline called jetairfly that flys from Brussels to Cairo aswell as other destinations in the North Africa / Europe. I once got a return flight to Cairo with them for only 40 euros including taxes.

Just to add Jetairfly...doesn't have strict limits on luggage and the food was free unlike other cheap airlines. (Or that was the case 2 years ago)

Edited: 23 January 2011, 11:34
London, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there any cheap airlines that fly into Cairo & Amman?

AirArabia fly from Alexandria to Amman . They provide a bus for a few extra euros from Cairo to Alex. Randomly looking for a flight on Feb 9th the fare was 86 euros including taxes.

Edited: 23 January 2011, 11:43
7. Re: Are there any cheap airlines that fly into Cairo & Amman?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 18:25