We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go

Hi I am hoping to go to egypt with my boyfriend in August (we are both 22) Not sure which town to stay at. Would like to see the pyramids but have heard the snorkelling is quite good. I like to be busy and have plenty to do and see. Any recommendations as to where to go.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go

how long are you staying? coz you can always combine a few places, but it depends on how much time you have.

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go

We would only be staying for one week possibly 10 days.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go

In A week or 10 days you can easily make Cairo + one of the red sea destinations; Hurghada or Sharm El Sheikh. 3-4 days on the beach might be a good idea. Then you can spend the rest in Cairo with a day trip to Alexandria if you will have time. From Sharm El Sheik you can do the Mount Sinai on an excursion.

I would not recommend Luxor or Aswan in August. It will be too hot for any of them in the middle of the summer.

The weather will be hot in August. So, you need to be prepared. If you want a nice white beach with a better weather (but no snorkeling and a less active after sunset life), you should head to the Mediterranean cost in the North, which has been very recently added to the tourism map with some new hotels established there after serving as a local holiday destination for decades.

For a first-timer, Sharm + Cairo would be my recommendation.

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go

Thanks a million. Thats helped a lot. We like the heat so that shouldnt be a problem.