We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

time for clearing customs?

Vancouver, B.C...
Level Contributor
163 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
time for clearing customs?

I found this question asked a few years ago but apparently it never got an answer. We are arriving in Cairo on an international flight at 2:40 am. Will we be able to get our visas and clear customs in time for a 4:45 am flight to Sharm? I'm sure someone out there will provide a helpful answer!

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: time for clearing customs?

At that time of night you should be fine. Last time I went through Cairo it only took me about 40-45 minutes and the place was pretty busy so I should imagine that with fewer tourists and an ungodly arrival time there shouldnt be that much of an issue...provided your original flight is on time..

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: time for clearing customs?

You would be fine in case there was no delay with your arrival flight.

To play it safe I advise you to have not less than 3-4 hours at transit.

CHEERS

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,670 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: time for clearing customs?

I agree with Mofissio about the time allowance. If every thing works smoothly you should have no problem but if you encounter any hold ups then you could end up with a hitch. This will not be so bad going to Sharm as you should be able to get on the next flight, but it's not so easy on the return if you miss your international flight (I've been there done that!).

It's not just a case of getting visas and clearing customs, which are normally quite quick in Cairo - or at least that's been my experience - but you have to allow for the change of terminals too.

Vancouver, B.C...
Level Contributor
163 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: time for clearing customs?

Thank you all so much -- a great response!

5. Re: time for clearing customs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 23:18