We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medicine

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Medicine

Im looking for some advice on what medicine etc to take with me on my trip to Egypt ive been once before and like alot of people suffered from a bad stomach for a few days. So i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what i should maybe take with me incase this happens again? as last time i had to go to an egyptian pharmacy and didnt know what i was being given.

Edited: 26 August 2011, 01:27
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Medicine

Here is a link to an article about upset stomachs:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g297555-c141622/Sha…

I am sure you will receive more information in here, however I advise you to consult a qualified Dr / health care practitioner or a pharmacist back home.

CHEERS

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Medicine

Pharmacists in Egypt are pretty much accustomed to tourists with "Pharaohs revenge" and a drug called Antinal seems to be the favourite to hand out. Some people swear by it whilst others think it of variable effect.

Mofissio has given the link to use and rightly suggests that a qualified medical practitioner or pharmacist back home can give you better advice. I would not advise on medications to take because whilst they might work well for me, they may have no or little effect on you.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Medicine

thanks for the information

4. Re: Medicine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 11:17