We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ramses Tours and Felluca Ride?

Lompoc, California
Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ramses Tours and Felluca Ride?

So far Ramses is living up to it's CC/TripAdvisor reputation in reviews. Someone mentioned on one of the forums that they didn't think that the folks there ever slept as they answered emails expediently! I have found the same experience so far. They are really easy to deal with in planning our shore tour next month. Our group has grown from 3-17 people already, and we are all interested in the extra activities that Ramses is including on their tour (Port Said)....

Ramses gave us an option for the Felluca Ride (a traditional Nile boat ride). Has anyone ever done this? We also would like to do the camel ride, mummy room, and inside of Pyramid. Can anyone give us some insight into how this works?

Thanks in advance :)

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ramses Tours and Felluca Ride?

I cant talk about the company because I haven't used them but I have done a few felluca trips.

I have found them all, with a single exception when there was no wind and we had had to be pulled about by a "motor" boat, a charming and relaxing experience. Its lovely to move at a serene pace across/up and down the Nile and to be able to view whats happening without having my ears assaulted by engine noise (apart from that of other vessels).

In my opinion a sunset felluca sail on the Nile is an experience not to be missed.

I have also been on a camel. Lets just say that certain male parts of the anatomy suffered quite badly with all the swaying and buffetting. just my experience though and others may well recommend it.

I am sure that whatever you choose to do you will have a simply amazing time. Enjoy!

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,753 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ramses Tours and Felluca Ride?

"we are all interested in the extra activities that Ramses is including on their tour (Port Said)...."

As the tour is from Port Said, the felucca sail (or tow) must be at Cairo. A leisurely sail at Aswan is, as SWmuse remarks, a pleasant experience, drifting gently amid picturesque scenery - but a felucca trip at Cairo would be rather different. Interesting, though.

3. Re: Ramses Tours and Felluca Ride?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 22:16