We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pyramids?

Mdina, Malta
Level Contributor
916 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Pyramids?

How much time required to see these properly?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pyramids?

Depends on what you want to do. Just a quick peek from the outside & a photo op? 1/2 hour is enough.

But if you want to go inside one of The Pyramids, tour the Solar Boat Museum (which I recommend), take a camel ride (which is definitely NOT necessary) & get close to The Sphinx, you should budget about 2 hours.

Mdina, Malta
Level Contributor
916 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pyramids?

Oh ok then we got enough time..... Do u suggest getting a guide ?

Also, how long and how best to get from Cairo

Edited: 21 October 2011, 21:53
West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pyramids?

A good guide book is probably just as much use as a guide at the Pyramids. Its not like visiting some of the temples where reliefs require explanation and theres more to look at.

The Pyramids are right on the edge of Cairo so how long to get to them depends upon where you are staying in Cairo itself.

Mdina, Malta
Level Contributor
916 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pyramids?

Staying at intercontinental city stars

Cairo
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pyramids?

you are actually at the other end of the city, count on my opinion not less than 3 hours to see all properly

taking a guide or not is your own choice, it all depend on what you need to have, some guides are useless and some others can give you things you will never find in most of books, but for sure you have to read a lot for all egyptian visits not just the pyramids, but my advise is try to get your self a private transportation to get from City stars hotel to the pyramids, do NOT really recommend to go with public transportation , you will need a car to be with you all the time you are there in the pyramids as distances between pyramids the three of them is hard to be wakable , also to go to see the Panoramic view which is nice to get pictures from there and then to get to the sphinx, i would suggest to hire a car with a driver

6. Re: Pyramids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 05:16