We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report: Here is My/Our Reality = WE LOVED EGYPT!

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
265 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report: Here is My/Our Reality = WE LOVED EGYPT!

It turned into a small booklet. It is what really happened to and for us, and it does contain opinions and my special form of snotty sarcasm. if you do not like it, then you can refuse to read it or get your own reality and opinions. Your choice.

We loved Egypt and the Egyptians for many reasons, and many of the bad things that happened to some of you did not happen to us partly because of reading the posts on this Forum. We had our very own special reality, but thanks to all for the advice whether intended or unintended.

You can read the whole saga here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/mgo-t2-c168516

Will begin to do reviews and post photos tomorrow after sleep.

If anyone wants detailed info such as contact names and numbers you may send me a PM.

scotland
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report: Here is My/Our Reality = WE LOVED EGYPT!

Awww Eddie that is a fabulous report with so much information for people planning their trip.

I'm so glad you loved Egypt, I kinda suspected you would given your attitude and humour prior to going.

I'm going in a week or so and getting all excited now :-))))

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,802 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report: Here is My/Our Reality = WE LOVED EGYPT!

WOW! What a detailed and interesting report. Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to write and post it.

I agree with rosslyn01 - your questions, responses and general attitude hinted that you were going to have a great time. I'm so glad that it worked out that way for you.

SuzieM was staying at the OWP at the same time it would seem. She questioned the Americal flag flying and who could be in town. Now we know it was you and your wife! ;-) Lol!

The Scottish Borders
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report: Here is My/Our Reality = WE LOVED EGYPT!

Hi Eddie - LOVED reading every word of your report and so glad you and your wife had such a fantastic time in Egypt.

I have an inside page for all trip reports / blogs etc, would you mind if I added your report to it so it can help others when planning their trip and also let people see Egypt really isn't that dangerous (despite what some might be saying!!!

So............. that was you and your wife in the Royal Suite at the Winter Palace? myself and two of the other Luxor DE's - Marlscat and KV-Explorer had been sitting on the terrace, having a drink and looking up at the lights on in the suite and wondering who was lucky enough to be staying in there!!!! We later (wrongly) assumed it must have been the US Ambassador ;-) - LOL @ "The US Ambassador is in the hotel, but not in the Royal Suite (na na, na na, na na)"

Thanks again for taking the time to write such a detailed report.

Suzie

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report: Here is My/Our Reality = WE LOVED EGYPT!

Glad you had a great time and jealous that we weren't there at the same time (our normal part of the year for going)

Just a comment - your review is still able to be edited by 'anyone' - can you 'close' it to further editing?

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report: Here is My/Our Reality = WE LOVED EGYPT!

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

BoringFS - The American Flag may have been there for the Ambassador. We had our own "Spoiled Americans" flag flying. :-)

SuzieM - You are certainly welcome to use my comments or the entire posting as you wish.

eLaReF - Thanks! Trying to figure out how to close it, but as yet cannot find a Close It button.

As for telling people that Egypt is safe, I'm afraid it may not work with too many Americans who are sufficiently frightened by their politicians and so-called news media to travel anywhere, especially that area of the world. I am stil getting comments from friends and family who say we were absolutely out of our minds for going. Their loss! And, there will always be the "knockers" (See: I'm learning to speak "proper" English) who will say that this is a Rose Colored Glasses approach. I could do an entire posting just on negatives...of almost any country in the world, but not my style. I prefer my snotty sarcastic approach. Thanks.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report: Here is My/Our Reality = WE LOVED EGYPT!

I just edited my report tro add the comments about the Coptic protest march in Luxor on the first day of our arrival there, and the story of my wife's birthday party on the boat. And, a closing comment about why this may be our first and only trip to Egypt, especially if we loved it so much.

HELP! Cannot figure out how to close it to further edits.

Thanks.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report: Here is My/Our Reality = WE LOVED EGYPT!

Just added reviews...we'll see if they make it up. Also tried to post photos. Not certain how long my Article will be left up by the content cops, so on advice I will post smaller snipettes as Forum posts. I'm techno-challenged, so do not know if I am doing this all correctly. Just send me a PM if anyone wants more info.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
259 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report: Here is My/Our Reality = WE LOVED EGYPT!

I'm really glad to hear that you had such a good time Eddie, and that you got your luggage back soon too. As you discovered, when you have a problem, the Egyptians will really do what they can to try to resolve it. I'm really looking forward to my own trip in March!

James

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
265 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report: Here is My/Our Reality = WE LOVED EGYPT!

Eddie, what a brilliant read, so enjoyed your report. My husband and I chuckled and drooled when reading your adventures, especially the description of the Royal Suite, how lucky were you.

Thank you for making your report so thorough - it will be invaluable to those planning a trip to Egypt, and I am so pleased you had a brilliant time.

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report: Here is My/Our Reality = WE LOVED EGYPT!

Glad you got to read it before the content cops pull it off, and many thanks for being that "nice UK Lady." :-)