We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Egypt

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Going to Egypt

We are going to Cairo in 10 days and our travel agent simply disappeared. We were planning to take a sleeping train on 02.17 at night to Aswan ( I tried to make a reservation but it was very difficult and I gave up). Arriving in the morning in Aswan and taking a Nile cruise for only 2 nights because we must arrive in Cairo on 02.20 by night ( by plane). How can we make the train and the cruise reservations? Does anybody have this kind of experience?

Thank you very much. By the way, I am almost desperate because I am travelling with 2 other people that depend completely on me.

haysville,kansas
Level Contributor
325 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Egypt

Looks like a bit of a mess you are in. Hopefully you haven't paid your travel agent any money. I believe you are coming from Brazil. If so, aren't there other agents locally you feel confident in trusting? The good news is that since the number of tourists are lower then normal maybe you could take care of all of the arrangements once you get to Cairo. Surely there are a number of reliable ones you could contact. I wish I knew who to point you to but I won't be arriving myself until the 16th. Hope all turns out well for you.

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Egypt

Willie, there are a lot of travel agents in Egypt, I'm using Amanda at Lady of Egypt tours, and they have been great so far.Give them a look...

www.ladyegypt.com

Collie

Edited: 06 February 2012, 02:16
Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Egypt

Every time we got into a mess with pre-bookings in Egypt we were rescued by our hotel concierge. Yes, the concierge will send you where he gets a commission. So what? A good hotel will likely have a good concierge that can help you. Try email or better yet, Skype.

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Egypt

there is a list of recommended travel agencts and guides that had been used by TA members , contact them and they will give you quote soon and you can easly compare services

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294201-i9404-k142…

ALSO try this

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294201-c85399/Cairo:…

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,501 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Egypt

Here are a few other links that might help:-

This one is Tour companies who have already had reviews written on TA:-

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g294201-Activi… - see under the ‘Tours’ tab at the top.

And this one is Tour Companies that TA does NOT allow to have reviews written since they do not meet TA criteria for reviews, but they allow their listing on this page:-

tripadvisor.co.uk/Resources-g294201-Maps-Cai…

This is where you can check if the ‘Egyptian Tour’ Companies are licensed:-

www.etaa-egypt.org/all_companies_en.aspx

Another good page to read is

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g294205-c159621/Lux…

Edited: 06 February 2012, 23:14
Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to Egypt

Thanks.

I wrotte to many travel agents and I am well organized again, going next wednesday to Cairo but :

My brother has friends with families that live in Egypt and he strongly adviced me to give up going there. Specially going wiht my husband and MY MOTHER that is 76th years old.

It is possible for me to go there another time, but I wouldnt like to give up unless it is really dangerous.

And now? Any idea?

7. Re: Going to Egypt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2013, 10:18