We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa for Canadians to Egypt

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
Visa for Canadians to Egypt

I understand that Canadians or most people who travel to Egypt as tourist can just get the visa at airport in Cairo etc.

For canadian citizen on canadian passport, would i need 2 passport size photos to get the visa at the airport in Cairo?

As would the airlines that leave to Cairo require any documentation prior to passengers boarding plane of getting a visa on route to Egypt from other country?

is getting visa at airport in Cairo the best option and most economical option?

Would it speed things up to get the visa prior to going to Egypt, or the lines there not too long usually?

thanks

UK
Level Contributor
598 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa for Canadians to Egypt

You don't need any photos for the visa, it's a stamped sticker which is inserted into your passport.

Getting a visa on arrival at the airport is the simplest option. I've never experienced significant queues at the bank kiosks on arrival.

I'm not clear what your second question is asking.

Doncaster, United...
Destination Expert
for Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa for Canadians to Egypt

Hi

I would check before you travel with the embassy what visa rules apply to you. I only say this as I rent out an apartment and had guests who were a Canadian family who lived in Germany but obviously had Canadian passports. They tried to buy a visa on arrival at the airport but were not allowed and were refused entry to sharm. They had to go back to Germany on the plane they had arrived on ,get a visa from the embassy and then catch the next available flight back out to sharm ! I'm not sure if being in the forces had something to do with it or the fact they were Canadian but I'd check just to make sure .

3. Re: Visa for Canadians to Egypt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2013, 10:28