We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I know nothing about Egypt, but want to go - Please help!

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
I know nothing about Egypt, but want to go - Please help!

Hi all

We have never been to Egypt but would like to go Summer 2013 with our children with ages ranging from 4 to 17.

We like the top end five star family hotels close to the beach and all inclusive and with something for everyone!! We usually go to the 5 star all inclusive hotels in Turkey.

I have no idea which area of Egypt to start looking at, let alone which hotels so all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Sharon

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I know nothing about Egypt, but want to go - Please help!

Well if you want good all inclusive hotels close to the sea then you need to look at resorts like Sharm El Sheikh and Hurghada on the Red Sea. I would post your questions on those forums and look at reviews of hotels in those areas as I am sure you will get the help you need there.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I know nothing about Egypt, but want to go - Please help!

Thank you so much for your help - It is greatly appreciated and I will now start my search on those forums you suggest above.

Many Thanks

Sharon

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
773 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I know nothing about Egypt, but want to go - Please help!

It all depends what kind of a holiday you want. If you are fascinated by Ancient history then Cairo and/or Luxor is it. If what you want to do is chill in a 5* hotel then the Red Sea resorts. You can take trips from there although some are restricted because of the secuirty situation. If you choose Taba on the Sinai which is very low key with hotel based holidays, you can access Jerusalem and Petra.

Hurghada on the Africa side of the Red Sea also has the AI hotels and you can access Luxor by road then there is a Nile Cruise and you get to see all those temples..it all depends on what you and the kids fancy. All I'd say is,it's a wonderful country and has something for everyone wether they want to chill,are into water sports or history or cities or seascapes.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I know nothing about Egypt, but want to go - Please help!

Thanks for your reply. We would love to visit everything that Eygpt has to offer but we have very young children who just want to be in the pool all day, so we have put a hold on site seeing until they are a bit older.

Sharon

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
406 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I know nothing about Egypt, but want to go - Please help!

Luxor has always done it for me. Culture,History,trips, the Nile and all the pool one can need. Bloody hot n'all.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,651 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I know nothing about Egypt, but want to go - Please help!

Agreeing with SWMuse

The OP has stated they want a 5* hotel with a beach. That to all intents and purposes means the Red Sea resorts and not any Nile areas - there are NO beaches on the Nile and if there were, it is unlikely that you would want to swim there anyway.

It might be best to have a read at the Red Sea Forums by goling here tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g297545-i9197-Re… and posingthe same questions about 5* and AI resorts.

Read the Hotel reviews from the links in green on the left of any forum pages and also any Top Questions on the right in blue.

Warning - Egyptian 5* frequently means World 3.5* so check out reviews and reports for any hotel you may be interested in and understand what sort of hotel you are actually looking at.

Edited: 15 April 2012, 20:52
boston england
Level Contributor
261 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I know nothing about Egypt, but want to go - Please help!

hi i would recomend going to hurgarda/makadi bay area ,it has some great 5* hotels and you can walk straight into the water from the beach which stays quite shallow and you can still see a lot of fish which i think would be great for the kids, quite a few of the sharm el sheikh hotels can only access the water via a jetty straight into deep water which might not be so good for the younger kids. we are going to marsa alam this year which is a very quiet part of the red sea,often the resorts are quite remote with not alot else around and some again only have acces to the sea via a jetty. My opinion on the areas are sharm to busy and touristy,marsa alam total opposite to sharm and hurgarda/makadi bay is in the middle of the two.it all depends what sort of holiday you like.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I know nothing about Egypt, but want to go - Please help!

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to me. I am now researching like crazy based on the information given to me.

Many thanks once again - greatly appreciated.

Sharon

9. Re: I know nothing about Egypt, but want to go - Please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 18:18