We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Twin centre with cruise - 7 days??

UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Twin centre with cruise - 7 days??

Is a cruise plus a beachy part to the holiday doable in 7 days? like a 4 day cruise and then say 3 days in taba or sharm el sheikh?

Ive looked through threads here but getting confused with all that is on offer! Also, we want to leave early July, so dont have much time to faff about, and I am indecisive at the best of times

So can anyone please advise me on an itinerary and/or travel company to go with? Basically, we'd like to see the pyramids and temples while on the cruise and then end up somewhere we can relax for 2/3 days before flying back. We'll probably have to get a tailor made hol, but can anyone advise on which areas are best?

1. Re: Twin centre with cruise - 7 days??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 June 2012, 12:05
West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Twin centre with cruise - 7 days??

The pyramids are in Cairo and unless you were to do the recently re-established long (10 day) cruises you can't get to them on a cruise as such.

There are short cruises you can do but they are probably better booked whilst in Egypt itself where you have the chance to compare companies and costs and perhaps take a look at one or two cruise boats before deciding.

An alternative is to use one of the recommended travel companies (details under "Top questions about Egypt" in blue on the right hand side of the screen) and email them with your exact requirements whereupon they can comment upon feasability and make all the arrangements for you. Do shop around for the best deal.

The other way you could combine both aspects of Egypt eg sightseeing and relaxing is to base yourself at the beach for a week and take day excursions to Cairo and Luxor to see the sights though that would rule out the cruise aspect.

Happy hunting!

UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Twin centre with cruise - 7 days??

Thanks a lot, I ended up booking a 4 day cruise (sanctuary sun boat iv) with 2 days in cairo at the oberoi to see the pyramids, and 1 overnight stay in aswan to see abu simbel...we've gone a few hundred over budget but am happy with my hotel and boat choice - really excited now!

I had no idea what I wanted but after enquiring around pretty much had my desired itinerary down to a T...

4. Re: Twin centre with cruise - 7 days??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 05:15