We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egypt Visa's

Goondiwindi
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Egypt Visa's

I am wondering if it is worth me getting my visa organized prior to leaving Australia is I will have to pay for registered port to and from Embassy or is it 100% easy to get it at the Cairo airport???

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Egypt Visa's

It's very easy to obtain your, single entry, visa upon arrival. Depending on which terminal you arrive at; only T1 and T3 are open at the moment as T2 is being renovated, you will enter the immigration hall and find several bank/visa booths.

These are located on the left hand side of the hall, in T1 and are on both sides within T3 (NB. within T3 not all bank kiosks appear to sell the visa, those that do being indicated with a printed sign taped to their window).

Simply walk up to the appropriate window, ask for a visa and present the teller with either $15 US, or the equivalent in your own currency (I believe Australian Dollars are accepted), and they will give you a visa sticker, which you stick onto a page in your passport.

Then it''s just a matter of joining the immigration queue(s) and presenting your passport and landing card to the official manning the desk.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,213 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Egypt Visa's

Yes, it is 100% easy to get the visa on arrival in Egypt.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Egypt Visa's

HI there .. Does the visa on arrival been given to any passport holder or is it restricted to just EU , Australian and AMerican passport holder ??

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Egypt Visa's

See this link for details of the holders of which passports can obtain a visa on arrival:

http://www.egyptianconsulate.co.uk/visas.php

Not quite a case of UK, US and EU nationals only, but the following is the list as given:

"In addition to UK and EU nationals, citizens of the following countries can obtain visa upon arrival at any of the Egyptian ports of entry: Australia, Canada, Croatia, Georgia, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Macedonia, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, Serbia, Ukraine and USA. "

5. Re: Egypt Visa's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 January 2013, 09:21
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Egypt Visa's

thanks parry

7. Re: Egypt Visa's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2014, 05:16