We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety and Tour planning

cleveland,ohio
Level Contributor
51 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Safety and Tour planning

Planning a trip for a family of four last two weeks in December to Cairo, Luxor, Aswan and Abu Simbel. Have concerns whether it is safe to travel? The original plan was to do planned day tours with hotels and trains booked ourselves. Should we do a whole package tour or do our original plan?

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
29,110 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety and Tour planning

Cleve, you are a long, long way from any problems there have been & as long as you keep to the required part of Tahrir Square in Cairo just in case there are any demonstrations.

The rest of your trip should be unaffected. I would keep an eye on the forums and news in case of strikes but these seem to have vanished now.

Also keep an eye on your governments advice and check with your insurance that it is all ok with them. But that is a standard procedure where ever you travel.

You'll have a wonderful time. So much to see and experience.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,330 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety and Tour planning

Have a look at all the many recent threads on safety and also the recent trip reports which report conditions on the ground.

Canada
Level Contributor
122 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety and Tour planning

I'm traveling to Egypt next week for 2 weeks with my wife, had same concerns, a good friend who returned two days ago been to Luxor and Aswan and spent few nights in Cairo, his words were very safe to be there, people friendly to tourists, and exercise common sense, feel free to ask I also been there before twice

4. Re: Safety and Tour planning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 18:17