We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe to visit Alexandria, Giza-Cairo,Aswan and Luxor during?

Kuwait City, Kuwait
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Safe to visit Alexandria, Giza-Cairo,Aswan and Luxor during?

We are two families with children would like to visit Giza-Cairo,Aswan and Luxor and may be Alexandria during 22-30December2012.

Is it safe to visit?TV and my local agents say 50% chances.Agent in Egypt says, there is no problem to come! I heve to buy nonrefundable air tickets and also get visas.Pls help!

Mentioned in this post
Giza
Giza
Giza Governorate, Egypt
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Aswan
Aswan
Aswan Governorate, Egypt
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Alexandria
Alexandria
Alexandria Governorate, Egypt
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe to visit Alexandria, Giza-Cairo,Aswan and Luxor during?

Nobody can say with 100% certainty that a certain destination is 100% safe. Thats asking the impossible.

However provided your Foreign Office has not barred you from travelling then the only person who can decide whether it is safe enough is you. Nobody can make the decision for you.

Is Egypt safe to visit ?. Well, yes (in my opinion) and there are thousands of holiday makers there right now enjoying themselves. Will it be safe next week, or when you go ?. I have no idea because I don't know what may or will happen politically in the meantime.

If you do go then you should take sensible precautions such as avoiding mass gatherings or demonsrations and avoiding political discussions.

But only you can make an informed choice.

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Kuwait City, Kuwait
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe to visit Alexandria, Giza-Cairo,Aswan and Luxor during?

Thanks for your response and advise! We will follow it.

3. Re: Safe to visit Alexandria, Giza-Cairo,Aswan and Luxor during?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 23:16