We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety now!

San Antonio, Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Safety now!

Can you reassure me of the safety for americans these days in Egypt? thanks

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety now!

With respect nobody can assure or reassure you about anything and if someone said yes they could and something happened to you what would happen then?. Like everyone else you can only weigh up any government advice, consider up to date posts on here and decide if YOU feel it is safe enough for YOU to travel.

Nobody has a crystal ball so nobody can know what will happen when you go.

Edited: 02 February 2013, 14:00
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
10,388 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety now!

It isn't the place of TA or it's members to do this.

#1 has already said it all

San Antonio, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety now!

Thank you for your advice.

Ulaanbaatar...
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety now!

I am an American living in Cairo and I'm totally comfortable saying that with a bit of common sense there is no particular danger.

Mentioned in this post
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safety now!

Common sense is always a useful tool anywhere you travel. Avoid large gatherings and political demonstrations and being drawn into giving opinions on political matters.

6. Re: Safety now!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2014, 05:17