We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

NYC
Level Contributor
129 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
"Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

Has anyone used this company and gone on their "Discover Egypt" tour? Just wondering if they are a good, legit company as they seem to have a few good deals

NYC
Level Contributor
129 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: "Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

Redhorizon..

I was looking for info as well I have never been to Egypt and am looking to go next month. There were 4 people going now looks like I am solo. The single supplement on the discover egypt was another $400. As for the site, I am not associated nor can I vouche for this company or find any real information but here is the site

http://www.traveldiscounters.ca/index.php

I am leaning towards chosing a different route that is more expensive but seems much better. I contacted the same places you did and was not very happy with the answers and $ from those companies.

12. Re: "Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 February 2013, 10:04
baltimore
Level Contributor
3,072 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: "Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

I saw this on Travelzoo also and was interested in booking with them. But I can not seem to find any reviews for them either.

Did anyone of you guys book with them?

Conyers, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: "Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

Okay, guys! I am also planning trip to Egypt next year and Traveldiscounters.ca prices are at least $1,000 less than other companies. However, am skeptical because of $1,000 nonrefundable deposit. If you have travel insurance, don't understand why you can't get refund??? Also, my travel agent has never heard of them and they do not work with agents. Hmmmm

Conyers, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: "Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

Did you go? Am planning trip next year and need suggestions.

Cairo
Level Contributor
392 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: "Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

Le Meredein used to have many renovations but he almost finished about 90% of them so any way it is much better than Safir. Le Meredein is 4 stars while Safir is 5 stars and in addition to that Le Meredein is in a very calm area and since you have your reservation booked with a travel agency so you will have no problem about moving from the hotel

Cairo
Level Contributor
392 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: "Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

Just Correction, Le Meredin is 5 stars while Safir is 4 stars

Putnam, Connecticut
2 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: "Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

DO NOT BOOK WITH TRAVEL DISCOUNTERS!!!

We booked the Egypt trip with them and then had to cancel due to the coup. We all had insurance out on the trip and three of us were paid in weeks. Our fourth companion didn't get a refund so canceled her credit card instead but did finally get the refund. TD then began to harass me and my travel companion, telling us that she was trying to double dip etc. She told them by all means charge her CC again as it wasn't her intent but she didn't want to be charged for something she didn't get. I get emails daily and threats. The last threat was from Binod Singh "We took the booking from you in good faith and as one of the cards put a stop payment and as you are travelling together the others naturally have to pay". He is going to "try" to charge the rest of us for her trip. Not to mention that her new credit card has already been recharged. DO NOT USE THEM!!!!!

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: "Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

I think that le Meridien Pyramids hotel is 5 star deluxe hotel , and it belongs to a world chain hotels, they got many negative reviews last period before and when they were renovating the rooms at the hotel as it was noisy at this time at the hotel. But now , they finished almost 95% of the rooms and it is really nice right there. so you can go there with no worries at all.

There is anther hotel as that area is called Mena house hotel, and it is the best hotel ever and unique hotel and you can ask for this hotel if you wanted Luxury hotels.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
1 post
45 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: "Discover Egypt" tour from Travel discounters

We booked the Egypt tour months before its

departure date of September 10 when all was quiet politically. We insured the trip due to the company's 100% non-refundable policy. When the uprising began in late summer and continued to escalate to the point of closing the pyramids site and the Cairo Museum, not to mention the destruction of two government buildings within two miles of the tour's hotel, we assumed the tour would be cancelled. We tried to change to a trip with another destination because of safety concerns, since we were taking our two daughters with us and our government advised against Americans traveling to Egypt. The company refused and continued to send people to Egypt despite cancellations by many travellers and would not consider refunding any portion of the cost, not even the airfare. Furthermore, we lost thousands of dollars because our insurance company (and most) only covers terrorist events, not political conflict. Just keep in mind that this company is a wholesaler for tours which may explain why we were not given care and consideration and at times were treated rudely.