We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday to Egypt

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday to Egypt

Me & my hubby are planning a holiday this year but not sure where to go, however Egypt is on our list of places.

What time of the year is best to go to Egypt? We was wanting to go around August/September time, would this be ok?

What part of the island is better for us as a young couple to go to? I am 27 and my husband is 30

Any recommendations on hotels?(preferably Riu hotels but open to others if they are nice, clean and close to a beach)

Any other information you could give us would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Vicky

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
10,391 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday to Egypt

When you say 'Island' do you have the right place????

Egypt is part of the continent of Africa and is not small

It therefore has different climates dependant on where you are.

Are you looking for sun/sea/sand - in which case the Red Sea resorts are probably what you want

Is it historic sites? these, apart from the Pyramids/Sphinx at Giza, near Cairo are commonly between Luxor-Aswan-Abu SImble which is around a 300 mile stretch of the River Nile & Lake Nasser

Use Google Earth and have a look at the country if you have it

Edited: 14 April 2013, 15:08
Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Sphinx Guest House
Sphinx Guest House
84 Reviews
Giza, Egypt
Giza
Giza
Giza Governorate, Egypt
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Aswan
Aswan
Aswan Governorate, Egypt
Lake Nasser
Lake Nasser
90 Reviews
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
10,391 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday to Egypt

Sorry, I meant to say - Having said 'beach' you would be best looking at these forums tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g297545-i9197-Re… for answers from those a bit nearer your request for a beach

then, using the green bar across the top, you can look at hotel reviews, Things to do etc.

3. Re: Holiday to Egypt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2014, 05:17