We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Itinerary

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Help with Itinerary

Hello Travel Gurus,

Could you please help me with the itinerary for Egypt? I have between 25th of May and 1st of June to travel around Egypt. I would like to see the following

- Cairo city

- Pyramids of Giza

- Nile cruise from Luxor to Aswan (for 2 nights and 3 days only) and visit the temples on the way

- Night show at Karnak temple if possible

- Sharm-el-sheikh for a night

Is it possible at all within the time I have (I don't have bottomless pockets either :) ) or should I drop Sharm-el-sheikh? Is it possible to do cruise just for 2 nights? Is there a better itinerary?

Thanks for all your help

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,320 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Itinerary

Two days is good in Cairo. You will then have to get to Luxor or Aswan for your cruise. There is an overnight train to Luxor but for Aswan I would fly. I don't know about the length of cruises. Try the Luxor forum which is very active.

Personally I would leave out Sharm as the only point of going there is to be on the beach and IMO you don't really have time to relax enough there. You could spend the money on a nice hotel in Luxor or Aswan with lovely grounds and a pool.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,865 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Itinerary

Definitely drop the night at Sharm el Sheik. It is a resort, similar to the hundreds of resorts around the Mediterranean, and the journey there and back would take up a disproportionate amount of your time in Egypt.

3. Re: Help with Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 06:17