We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egypt Visa for American

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Egypt Visa for American

Can someone tell if I can obtain Visa at airport in Luxor or Aswan? I will be flying in from Amman which a slight layover in Cairo. Thanks.

Ulaanbaatar...
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
2,249 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Egypt Visa for American

You'll need to get your visa in Cairo. It's pretty quick and easy. See this thread-

tripadvisor.com/…55201922

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Egypt Visa for American

TBH. In all the times I've landed at Aswan, over more years than I care to admit, I've never seen an international flight on the apron, The busses (no jet bridges here) meeting the Egyptair domestic services always go straight from the aircraft to the domestic arrivals hall and I've never seen an immigration officer there.

Your best bet is probably to obtain your visa & pass through immigration, whilst transiting in Cairo. You'll already be transferring from the international - the domestic side of Terminal 3 and, based on my most recent experience, clearing immigration should take less than 15 minutes (it actually took longer to peel the backing off the self-adhesive visa sticker that to be processed by the officials).

Speak to the Egyptair transit/transfer staff on arrival in Cairo & they should be able to route correctly through the airport & immigration.

Cairo
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Egypt Visa for American

If you will over stop in Cairo , then you should got Egypt Entry visa at Cairo airport , But If you fly with international direct airline to Luxor or Aswan , then you be able to get the Visa there - Have a great trip in Egypt

Edited: 08 March 2014, 10:47
4. Re: Egypt Visa for American

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 06:20