We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pyramids visit and other excursions

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
pyramids visit and other excursions

Hi,

We are looking to go to Egypt staying in Sharm next February, my 7 year old is obsessed with the Egyptians etc and i was wondering what the minimum age and is it viable for visiting the pyramids? also what other excursions can you recommend ?

Thank you

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,329 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pyramids visit and other excursions

There is no minimum age for anything much in Egypt. Children are welcome everywhere - I mean for sightseeing, possibly not in nightclubs, I don't know. Egyptians adore children.

Obviously Sharm is a long way from the Pyramids or any temples or tombs. A plane trip is your only real option. Day trips are available but IMO you get far more bang for your buck if you stay overnight in either Cairo or Luxor. To do both seems to make it a bit pointless being based in Sharm.

Honestly, if you are interested in ancient Egypt why not stay in a really nice hotel with a lovely pool in Luxor? Look at the Winter Palace or the Jolie Ville, ideal for children. The only thing you don't get is a beach but in exchange you do get all the sightseeing you can handle and the fun of being in a real Egyptian town, not somewhere purpose built for tourists.

Or you could even consider a Nile cruise.

West Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pyramids visit and other excursions

I think verity1 has summed it up quite well. Sharm is great if you want some beach and warmth. It is like Los Vagas.

If you want to experience a real Egyptian city, with good temperatures and see some temples and tombs vist Luxor.

3. Re: pyramids visit and other excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 06:16