We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairo and the Nile

austin texas
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cairo and the Nile

Did anyone feel unsafe. Recent travel experiences please, esp. on Kensington tours.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,021 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cairo and the Nile

Where are you considering sailing on the Nile?

It's a very long river and If a member said Luxor-Aswan was safe then Sohag-Minya might not be. (or somewhere - I have just chosen two stretches as examples - I am not saying anything about safety on either stretch)

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cairo and the Nile

In Cairo at the moment and about the only, even slightly, worrying thing is crossing roads between my hotel & the area around the Egyptian Antiquities Museum.

Sorry, I've not been sailing the Nile, but the river buses seem to be operating as normal, & I can't comment on the tour company, as I 've never used them.

3. Re: Cairo and the Nile

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 August 2014, 16:05
Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
352 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cairo and the Nile

Cairo is safer now than before and it is getting better everyday....I do not know of your tour company you can try to search for online reviews or contact Egypt Tourism Authority (Try a google search for their name and you will find them)

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,021 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cairo and the Nile

ETAA www.etaa-egypt.org/all_companies_en.aspx

Are Kensington Tours a US company?

6. Re: Cairo and the Nile

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 06:17