We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coach convoys

UK
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
coach convoys

Hi,

I am coming to Egypt in the spring and am just wanting a bit more information if possible on the coach trips to Cairo. I have heard that all the coaches (hundreds) travel together in a big convoy with armed guards as this makes it safer?

I have always wanted to visit Egypt, but must confess I am a bit nervous about the terrorist situation, however I am making myself be logical about it, as I don't want to miss out.

Thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: coach convoys

coach trips to Cairo..

from where??

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
11,929 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: coach convoys

Basically if you travel beween cities you have to travel in a convoy. Within the city area you can move about freely just as you would at home.

Hundreds of people on this forum say they feel completely safe. Use the search box to look for "security" etc.

Anyone from the UK is exposed to terrorist danger on a daily basis and it is no worse in Egypt. In daily life, you are much safer as there is no mugging, rape or robbery.

UK
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coach convoys

We are staying in Malaki Bay and I really want to see the pyramids and Sphinx, so am weighing up whether to do a day trip, and if so, if coach or plane would be the best option. I don't mind many hours on a coach, if it means I will get to see more of Egypt along the way?

I will read previous posts on the subject, thanks for the tip. I know everything in reality is perfectly safe, but my imagination runs away with me sometimes.

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: coach convoys

Sorry, I mean Makadi Bay!

5. Re: coach convoys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 01:18