We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romanian in Egypt

Cairo, Egypt
3 posts
Save Topic
Romanian in Egypt

My girlfriend is from Romania and she would like to live in Egypt I could provide her with an accommodation and as she will be living a long time in Egypt, I wanted to know more about what must be done regarding her visa.

* Could she obtain the visa on her arrival to Egypt or she must obtain her in Romania?

* How could she obtain a visa for residence and education in Egypt? is it going to be a tourist visa then in the Romanian embassy she will ask for another residential visa?

* What should be done in Egypt for her long stay?

* How long will be her passport valid, and how long could she stays, is a passport or visa renewal required?

* What is the cost for the visa for her case?

* What must be done in Egypt to be legally resident?

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,020 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romanian in Egypt

You will need to consult the Egyptian authorities about this as they are the ones who will issue the visa. Ordinary tourist visas for EU citizens - Romania is now in the EU - can be obtained on arrival in Egypt for a cost of £10 but are valid for a limited time. My recollection is is that she can stay for maybe three months without renewing her visa. If you marry her she may be eligible for a longer visa but I believe citizenship is still difficult.

Anyway, the whole thing is a question of Egyptian law.

Cairo, Egypt
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Romanian in Egypt

Thanks verity1 for the quick reply.

Which ministry or where could i ask for these issues, i asked in the Romanian embassy but they said she have to refer to the Egyptian embassy in Romania. But she is living far away from Bucharest so it will be hard for here to drop in Bucharest for just some questions.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Romanian in Egypt

Ask the foreign ministry or in particuler the imigration authroity. They have offices in all police stations (where you issue pasports) and the headquarters are on the 2nd floor of the Mogama'a in Tahrir Square.

Cairo, Egypt
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Romanian in Egypt

Thanks alot darsh, i will be on my way to Mogama'a al tahrir

5. Re: Romanian in Egypt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 13:21