We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

15 Days Itinerary for Egypt

Delhi
Level Contributor
20 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
15 Days Itinerary for Egypt

Hi, We are 2 young people interested to visit Egypt in last week of November, possibly 25th Nov to 13th Dec 2017. Can anybody suggest possible itinerary to cover most of Egypt in these days? We are adventurous, nature lover & fond of History, Culture & Music too.

16 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
8,970 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 15 Days Itinerary for Egypt

All this s a bit general and it would help if you could make your questions a bit more specific. Reading a good guide book(s) or some web surfing might help.

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 15 Days Itinerary for Egypt

Yes, or perhaps checking recent itineraries and trip reports in this forum.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 15 Days Itinerary for Egypt

As culture and music lovers, you might consider attending musical performances at Cairo Opera house, Om Kalthoum's Museum, Cultural events at Al Moez Street, Islamic Cairo. The events are usually announced days or weeks before they take place, so I cannot give you exact events. You need to search when the time comes.

Delhi
Level Contributor
20 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 15 Days Itinerary for Egypt

Thanks for your suggestion and yes ofcourse I did go through surfing and came up with high level itinerary where I was planning to do 4 days Cairo, 2 days Aswan, 3 days Luxor and around,2 days Sharm el Sheikh and 4 days Sawawi (Including journey time). But I got to know through internet portal that it is not safe to travel to Egypt these days. Any idea how safe it is during these days?

Delhi
Level Contributor
20 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 15 Days Itinerary for Egypt

Dear Sara, Many thanks for your valuable suggestion. If you are a local from Egypt, can you please suggest the safety level for tourist to visit the country. I'm asking this because in the wake of recent past incidents (Past 6 months), many online journal are against travel to Egypt and they are saying it's not so safe to travel there. Could you please pass on your honest opinion on this please?

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 15 Days Itinerary for Egypt

Hello Kumar, no I am not a local of Egypt but I am an Arab. Don't worry about safety, Egypt is safe and I myself travelled 4 times during the time from 2014 to 2017, twice on my own. As a tourist you are not in danger, and most of the terrorist attacks in the past, happened against military or police targets. Anyway, I believe that things are much better now but of course you need to be careful when travelling and take precautions that you would take in any other place you travel to.

Delhi
Level Contributor
20 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 15 Days Itinerary for Egypt

Dear Sara, Your input & thoughts are really helpful. I will get back to you in case I need any further suggestion. One question - Have you have got a chance to go to Siwawi from Cairo by moving directly in westward direction rather than going through Alexandria? I have heard it gives a good experience of Sahara deserts. Any idea on this will be helpful.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 15 Days Itinerary for Egypt

Unfortunately, I haven't and I am not sure what the situation is in case you want to do a desert trip. Nevertheless, you can visit the North Coast and Matrough through Alexandria. The beaches there are wonderful, I am told.

I hope that helps you and I am sorry if I cannot add more information but my experience extends only to Cairo and Alexandria.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
6,109 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 15 Days Itinerary for Egypt

"Have you have got a chance to go to Siwawi from Cairo by moving directly in westward direction rather than going through Alexandria?"

The route to Siwa from Cairo via Bahariya is out of bounds to tourists.

Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 15 Days Itinerary for Egypt

I'm leaving for Egypt from Seattle in 10 days. My itinerary is Cairo 2 days go by car to Alexandria for 2 days (although we'd have skipped this if we didn't have friends in Alex we desperately want to visit and would have spent four days in Cairo.). Go back to Cairo and fly to Luxor for three days. Board cruise for three days. Aswan for 1 day, fly to Hurghada for 4 days before flying back to Seattle. We could have squeezed Abu Simbel in but I accidentally waited too long to purchase airfare. (we could still wedge a bus trip to Abu Simbel, but have decided to instead visit several sites in Aswan)

We had wanted originally to visit Siwa, however, my travel insurance specifically calls all Western Oasis' as off limits and visiting them will invalidate my insurance. So, be sure to check that if you have purchased insurance.

Reply to: 15 Days Itinerary for Egypt
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted