We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Week end in Cairo

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
354 posts
88 reviews
Week end in Cairo

I'am planning a week end in Cairo to see the Pyramids and the Egyptian museum.

My flight arrives in Cairo at 4:15 pm on friday and leaving at 5pm on sunday

How can I organize my time there?

Wich is a good hotel location?

Interested in Kempinsky Nile, Fairmont Nile city, Four Season first residence or Nile plaza, Sofitel..

Suggestions?

thx

8 replies to this topic
Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Week end in Cairo

On your arrival day, you can only make use of a night oit in the bazaar and if you wish a Nile dinner cruise or just felucca ride, esp. that you are likely staying downtown near the Nile. Your hotel choice really depends on your budget and personal preference but those couple of hotels near Tahrir sq by the Nile might suite you best. Next day start early go see the pyramids area and then return for the museum at noon or so. Again, at night you can go to Azhar park or shop around downtown etc. On your last day maybe you can go for a brief visit to Coptic or Islamic sites and head for the airport at one pm or so.

Edited: 19 October 2017, 19:26
Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
948 posts
223 reviews
2. Re: Week end in Cairo

I agree with what SpinDoc suggested. I'd add that if the hotels you list, all are nice, but Kempinski has the best location. You can walk to Egyptian Museum, falluca rides, etc... All these hotels have great Nile views, though.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Week end in Cairo

on your first day you could visit Khan El Khalili Market. On Saturday Giza pyramids in the early morning, Egyptian museum you could add old Coptic Cairo. on Sunday maybe the citadel of salah eldin & alabaster mosque and the nearby mosques Sultan Hassan and Rifae maybe Gayer Anderson museum and go directly to the airport.

Kempinski & Sofitel both are very near to the city center and allows you to walk to the Egyptian museum

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
337 reviews
4. Re: Week end in Cairo

I would suggest Khan el Khalili for the night you arrive.

The next day, the pyramids, then either Old Cairo coptic area ( you can also see the synagogue and Amr Ibn al Aas mosque in the same area) or the Citadel the El Rafaai and Sultan Hassan mosques. Then either Azhar Gardens or a dinner cruise.

Your last day you could do the museum before leaving in good time for your flight.

You may also consider the Nile Ritz Carlton with its splendid location on the Nile and Tahrir square and opposite the museum.

Nuweiba
Destination Expert
for Nuweiba, Dahab, South Sinai
Level Contributor
2,620 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Week end in Cairo

The Nike Ritz Carlton does have a superb location, especially if you can get the Nile view rooms. On the other side of Tahrir Square you also have the Steigenberger.

Personally, I would spend the first evening along the Nile - beautiful first evening impressions with the lights on the river. Then on the Saturday visit the Museum and then the Citadel, and Khan Khalili in the evening. Sunday morning check out and visit the Pyramids and take the ring road back to the airport.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
354 posts
88 reviews
6. Re: Week end in Cairo

Thanks guys for all suggestions..now I'll try to build up plans.

Is end of november first days of december a good period?

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Cairo
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
12 reviews
7. Re: Week end in Cairo

Yes very good weather and before the Xmas rush.

Level Contributor
242 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Week end in Cairo

Both of those will take a full day but if you want to squeeze some of Cairo in there, head to Islamic Cairo. Here is a guide to the Egyptian Museum. https:/…

Reply to: Week end in Cairo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted