We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairo visa

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
blackpool, u.k.
Level Contributor
414 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Cairo visa

Keep reading that you can get visa upon arrival in Cairo and can pay in US$ or UK£. Have seen US$ 15 quoted. What about UK£? If it is gonig to be £15, then am I allowed to pay in US$, seeing as though it is half the amound, or, because I am coming from UK will I have to pay in UK£?

At a place near you...
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cairo visa

Hi have just returned from cairo & i thought the price was £12 . Gave the chap £15 , got the 2 visa stamps & about LE 70 back !!! so i still don't know how much they are in £sterling.. Like you say its better to pay in $ if u can cos it will work out cheaper ( £8?)

its no problen either way just get them from one of the row of currency windows before passport control.

enjoy your time there its a crazy fantastic place..

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cairo visa

10 GBP or 15 USD, both will be accepted

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
334 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cairo visa

Good to know.

We are coming to Alexandria on a cruise in June. Can we get a Visa there as we come off the ship? In $US, I imagine.

Thanks!

cleveland
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cairo visa

Hi just got bak form egypt it cost us 12 english would have been 150 ep so cheaper to pay in sterling

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cairo visa

Yes, you will find visa stamps in the port. I haven't been there, but I can assume that one.

6. Re: Cairo visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 11:29