We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Assoc. of Egyptian Travel Businesses on the Internet: AETBI

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
109 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Assoc. of Egyptian Travel Businesses on the Internet: AETBI

Can travel agencies under AEBTI (Association of Egyptian Travel Businesses on the Internet) be fully trusted? Are they looking for more business by simply joining the association? How come larger travel agencies such as Thomas Cook is not a member or other companies like Jolie Travel?

These are questions that just come to mind and may/cannot be answered by you, but any thoughts/comments are welcomed.

Is this association something like the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Does Egypt have a BBB?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
763 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Assoc. of Egyptian Travel Businesses on the Internet: AETBI

Hi ilusm.

This could help with your question.

www.touregypt.net/featurestories/aetbi.htm

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Assoc. of Egyptian Travel Businesses on the Internet: AETBI

That article is obviously written by the association itself as it says when referring to member companies "our members". So, I would wait for verification from an independent source on how honest the content is before I trust it.

However, for the time being, I wouldn't trust any company without previous reputation. Scams are not the only thing you should worry about. There is also quality. A tour agent may not "hit and run" by taking your money and ten disappear, but may provide you with a poor quality service which is hard to despite at a later stage if you are to file any cases to preserve your rights as a customer. I am talking about lack of punctuality, tour guides who doesn't speak good English, cars with poor air conditioning etc.

I am not saying that this is common or you should always expect trouble. In fact, the majority of tour operators will be up to the standards, but in Egypt as in elsewhere, there isn't a market for any service or product where all providers provide the same quality. So, I would always check reputation.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Assoc. of Egyptian Travel Businesses on the Internet: AETBI

That article is obviously written by the association itself as it says when referring to member companies "our members". So, I would wait for verification from an independent source on how honest the content is before I trust it.

However, for the time being, I wouldn't trust any company without previous reputation. Scams are not the only thing you should worry about. There is also quality. A tour agent may not "hit and run" by taking your money and ten disappear, but may provide you with a poor quality service which is hard to despite at a later stage if you are to file any cases to preserve your rights as a customer. I am talking about lack of punctuality, tour guides who doesn't speak good English, cars with poor air conditioning etc.

I am not saying that this is common or you should always expect trouble. In fact, the majority of tour operators will be up to the standards, but in Egypt as in elsewhere, there isn't a market for any service or product where all providers provide the same quality. So, I would always check reputation.

4. Re: Assoc. of Egyptian Travel Businesses on the Internet: AETBI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 07:18