We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egypt and Jordan....October

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Egypt and Jordan....October

What kind of clothes to bring....long sleeves? I know you can't wear shorts...how about a couple of sensible suggestions(2 weeks) thank you

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Egypt and Jordan....October

Nice time of year October, between seasons.

Shorts can be worn in beach locations but not really in cities.

Don't know if you are male or female, that would have been useful.

In general conservative clothing fits the bill, long or half sleeves, as short sleeves, or sleeveless is not the the thing, and tight clothes (if you are a female) will attract too much attention.

I suggest loose comfortable trousers (linen or cotton) long sleeve or half sleeve blouses and tops. Weather will be warm but for the evening you could have a light cardigan or training/sports jacket. Ladies will also find a pashmina good to wear, very versitile.

Don't know anything about Jordan, but expect it is like Egypt regarding dress code.

You will need good comfortable/strong shoes too, being a tourist is hard work, and even the streets of Cairo are an adventure in themselves !!

Regards

Wendy

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Egypt and Jordan....October

I beleive linen and cotton would wrinkle a lot....any other suggestions???? shoes can be sneakers...am a female traveling by myself so anything else you can add will be deeply apperciated,thank you

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Egypt and Jordan....October

Not all cotton wrinkles, especially if it is mixed with something else, loose clothes are also very comfortable in the heat.

Sneakers will be fine.

Wendy

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Egypt and Jordan....October

Jordan will indeed be the same as Egypt on that issue and for the footwear, just be aware that when sightseeing you should expect either sandy and rocky grounds (the pyramids for example) or not the cleanest streets you had ever walked through (Islamic Cairo for example) so better keep your feet covered in either of these situat9ions.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Egypt and Jordan....October

My partner and I are also planning a trip to Egypt and Jordan at the end of Oct to mid-Nov. We are thinking 3 weeks altogether.

We have seen some itineraries on North American tour operators which we like, such as Tour Code: EG5, Egypt & Jordan

Lands of the Middle East (www.adventures-abroad.com/viewinit.php…). The itinerary in brief is: Cairo, Luxor, Nile cruise, Aswam, Abu Simbel, Cairo, Amman, Petra, Wadi Rum, Dead Sea, Amman. We would also consider adding Alexandria, St. Catherine and Jerash.

We have found local operators who offer the Egyptian and Jordanian portions individually, but haven't found any which would offer such a combined package. Can anyone recommend a reputable operator who would offer such a package? Would such a local operator be simply reselling someone else's package which we could easily arrange ourselves separately?

Do the local experts on this forum have recommendations for other arrangements?

Thanks in advance.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Egypt and Jordan....October

Last Dec-Jan,

We did jordan and Egypt- fantastic trip

Used Caravan Serai as our tour operator...

they have deep roots in the region-and really are the best.

Rita the president is wonderful to work with- knows the area well.

GOOD LUCK! t.s

http://www.caravan-serai.com/

…mac.com/t.s.world/…welcome.html

7. Re: Egypt and Jordan....October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 18:20