We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Al Azhar Park

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
140 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Al Azhar Park

We are keen to include a visit here in our itinery and wondered about going in the evening and eating at the resteraunt.

Can anyone give me a rough idea of cost and also is it child friendly,

Will the views be as good at night or would we better going for lunch

Thanks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Al Azhar Park

it is very child friendlly. Views are more stunning during the day, but it is still a nice place to be in the night. You can try it for sunset to get a feel of both.

I think it costs about 10 LE for entry fee. The restuarant prices inside are average. You will not be shocked.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Al Azhar Park

Hello,

Al-Azhar Park is great, the idea place to go and and I am sure that your child/children will love it.

In general children are very much welcome in Egypt, and you will soon see with the warmth of the Egyptian people, he/she will be spoiled !

There are several outlets at the park. The main restaurant in the main building is quite high class and maybe you won't prefer that one. There is a very nice restaurant called the Lakeside Cafe, which has nice seating by the lake and a good atmosphere and is outdoors. That is where I usually go with my family.

The entrance fee for the park is 5LE each on a normal day and 7 LE on Fridays and Public Holidays.

Last time I was there at the entrance they had leaflets about the park with photos and a diagram showing you the location of all othe outlets and other facilities, it was in English and I am sure it would be a good thing to pick up while you are there.

At the Lakeside Cafe the prices are very normal, nothing to worry about, not more than 100 LE for an adult for a full dinner.

Please search here on the Cairo Forum for an insider page on Al-Azhar Park, with lots of photos.

Regards

Wendy

Oak Park, Illinois
Level Contributor
320 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Al Azhar Park

The views are great day or night. The lakeside cafe faces the Citadel, which at night was lit up like the Vatican when we were there. Then there are the fountains ... You have made a good choice! Have a great trip.

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
140 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Al Azhar Park

Thank you

I have checked the website it looks fabulous.

Lizzie

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Al Azhar Park

Please search here on the forum for Al-Azhar park and some of my pictures will come up.

Best wishes

Wendy

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
140 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Al Azhar Park

Found it via your profile thanks,

looked at all your photos they are beautiful, are you permitted to take photos at the mosques etc, I know you can not take a camera into the Egyptian Museum or the pyramids.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Al Azhar Park

Hello Lizzl,

I always have my camera with me when in Islamic Cairo and have taken lots of pictures, so most of the mosques / houses etc. there is no problem. Some places charge a fee for taking your camera in (Gayer anderson Musuem for example), so if you do not want to pay you leave the camera with the secuirty.

The museum is a special case.

I am sure you will get some great pictures.

Regards

Wendy

8. Re: Al Azhar Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 09:21