We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tight connection...........will I make it??

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
124 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Tight connection...........will I make it??

Hi there, flying LHR to Cairo and staying two days then down to Sharm with Egypt air

- on the return my flight lands at Cairo at 07.35 and the Cairo - LHR takes off at 08.55 - giving me just over an hour

is this too tight a connection?

Do both flights use the same terminal?

Any tips?

Cheers for any info! x

New York, USA
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tight connection...........will I make it??

Wow, that is REALLY tight. I had 2 hours between flights (Domestic/International) and the Egyptair agent advised me to change my flight to an earlier one. There have been recent changes with the terminals so someone else can speak on that, but unless things have changed since my last flight, you can't check your luggage all the way through to your final destination. I had to claim my bags and then go through security again. You're *landing* with less than the 2 (Egyptair recommends 3) hours before your International flight. If things have changed and you don't have to deal with luggage you might make it. If you do...then I don't think so, but stranger things have happened.

Good luck!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tight connection...........will I make it??

Sorry,

Believe you will not make it, for international flights check in is requested 2 hours before and security checks take time, also the domestic terminal is different that the international, and waiting for luggage takes time too.

Regards

Wendy

Level Contributor
7,906 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tight connection...........will I make it??

I am assuming that you are then holding two seperate tickets? If that is the case and you miss the second flight you have a major problem. If both are Egyptair and they are booking it as a legal connection they will at least help you rebook but most probably another night in Cairo etc. etc. If you have any way of giving yourself more time I would rather than the high risk of a delay with cancellation or something of the first flight. Many airlines have minimum connecting times that are frankly not workable in most situations...best example is Air France in Paris. I work out my own itinerary to allow myself to connect in a more civilized manner and not create additional stress as traveling is stressful even under the best circumstances and Cairo Airport is no different. Good Luck.

If for any reason you areholding two seperate tickets no way would I try this connection.

uk
Level Contributor
124 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tight connection...........will I make it??

Thank you guys for the info!!

I am now catching a lunchtime flight from Sharm to cairo.............and staying an extra night in cairo!!!! Appreciate all the help as it looks like I could have been caught out!

............now just to get a hotel in cairo!!!!!

Thanks again!

5. Re: Tight connection...........will I make it??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 22:16