We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egypt Visa

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Egypt Visa

We are going to Egypt in January and it is our understanding from reading the Egyptian consulate website and from the tour company that we may obtain our entry Visa at the airport when we arrive.

Other than filling out the Visa application and paying the fee is there anything else we have to do? Do we need a picture (like a passport picture) for the Visa?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Rocky

New York, USA
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Egypt Visa

Hey Rocky,

You don't fill out an application, nor do you need pictures. At the arrivals hall, you head to the visa/money changing booths, hand over $15 each and you're given two stamps the size of postage stamps which you apply to any available page of your passport. That's it. Took me under 10mins both times. Be sure to get the visa before you get on the Passport Control line, otherwise you'll have to start all over again.

TB08

New York, USA
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Egypt Visa

Just to clarify, you don't need to have a pre-printed application but you''re given a visa form on the plane if I recall correctly. If you somehow miss that, there are forms on a table at the airport.

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
881 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Egypt Visa

To get a visa in the airport you don't need to fill in any forms at all or have any photos of yourself - just the money to buy the stamps.

The form that you are given on the plane to fill in (or as you enter the terminal) are landing cards and are used for immigration purposes only. This form is handed over, with your passport containing the visa stamp - to the official in the exit booths.

New York, USA
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Egypt Visa

Thanks! That's what I thought too but then I second guessed myself about the form part. Memory getting fuzzy! LOL

New Orleans
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Egypt Visa

Thanks everyone! The tour company is trying to get me to do this ahead of time, but I can't see putting out over $100 when I can get it at the airport. We are arriving at 3:00 pm so the Visa office in the airport should be open right?

Also, I know to dress conservative. But has anyone been on the MS Giselle Nile cruise? Do they dress up for dinner? Or would nice slacks and a top be ok? Do men were suits or sports coats?

I know I am probably worrying way too much about the dress issue, but it makes a difference when I am limited on luggage.

Again ... thank you and I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday season. Anyone touring egypt in January??

Thanks!

Rocky

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Egypt Visa

I wonder why there are differences with the Visa's?

We got ours last week from the Egyptian consulate here in Sydney and together with the application form, we needed a passport size photo

Anyone know why we have to supply a photo but you dont at the airport?

Is this because maybe they look at you to verify you are who you say you are?

Just interested

Abbey

7. Re: Egypt Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 20:20