We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport terminal shittle bus rip off

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
503 posts
200 reviews
Save Topic
Airport terminal shittle bus rip off

WE were dropped off at the wrong terminal and had to get the shuttle bus to the other.

The guy on the bus asked for LE100 and hubby duly got out his wallet and the guy said 'each' (there were 6 of us!) and took another LE100 note out of hubbys hand, he then proceeded to count our party and asked for LE600 at that point I said no way, you have to be joking, and the guy said 'ok, that will do' meaning the LE200 would do.

When we got to the terminal we settled down and started chatting to a frequent flyer who told us the service was free!

Done like kippers, so make sure you check before you just jump on and go

Cheeky blighters lol

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport terminal shittle bus rip off

Sorry to hear of what happened. Yes the bus is free of charge.

Good that you announced it here on the forum, others will be aware of the scam.

I never hand over any money - unless I am given a valid ticket, I do this when visiting monuments, at least when I see an official ticket I know that the money is going to support something.

Sorry that you started off with a bad experience.

Regards

Wendy.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
503 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport terminal shittle bus rip off

It was at the end of our fantastic stay and to be honest we laughed at ourselves for not checking, he was a cheeky chappy and deserved the money for being so bold, we will know for next time though and thought we should let others know.

The guy must be loaded by now! Ha ha

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
884 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport terminal shittle bus rip off

Ouch!!!

You have to admire the cheek of it though!!!!

Glad you confessed - it's definitely going to make others more aware!

But I really can see how easily it could happen as there is no mention of the service being free.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
503 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport terminal shittle bus rip off

Yip I do admire his cheek, he and the driver must have laughed their sox off for the rest of the night ha ha

No there's no mention of it being free, LE200 though, and it only stopped at that cos the lady doth protest too much ha ha

It was quite funny on the way into Cairo too. The taxi met us, loaded the car and off we went. As we approached a checkpoint the taxi driver told us we had to write our names down for entry purposes. There was a guard with a clipboard at the ready with his pen.

My husband already had the taxi drivers tip money in his hand and just as he finished writing our names on the form, the guard said 'Oooh thank you very much' and whipped the tip out of his hand - mind you that was only LE40

Gotta laugh

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,909 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport terminal shittle bus rip off

love the title of your post.....think you meant shuttle...or did you!!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport terminal shittle bus rip off

Looks like you and a husband spread a lot of joy while you were here !!

Wendy

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport terminal shittle bus rip off

Sorry, correction "your" husband.

Wendy

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
503 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport terminal shittle bus rip off

Lol Kaz, I didnt notice that - yes I did mean shUttle, mind you having the U and I next to each other on the keyboard has meant my typo has added another meaning here lol

Yes Wendy he did spread a little joy, next time, I'm sitting in the front with all the money ha ha

9. Re: Airport terminal shittle bus rip off

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 13:21