We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairo to Petra and return 3 days/2nights Approx

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
84 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Cairo to Petra and return 3 days/2nights Approx

Hi Everyone!

I am researching a trip to Petra from Cairo for only a few days. I have searched some travel agencies in Cairo, but cannot find any that do only a few days. Mostly they are 7 days. Would consider the day trip, but would prefer to stay overnight in Petra.

I am very inclined to do it through Cairo agents, they need the business more than the larger companies.

My preference is Egypt Melody, but they only do the 7 day trip.

Does anyone know of any good companies that I can use or suggestions anyone?

thanks

Flang

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cairo to Petra and return 3 days/2nights Approx

Seems a shame to be in such a rush, nice to take your time of the journey getting there and back and seeing a few other sights apart from Petra. This part of the world runs at rather a slow pace, guess that has to be learned......

Why not post of the Nuweiba forum, believe the ferry goes from there, perhaps you will get some good advice on how to do it on your own.

Regards

Wendy

Knoxville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cairo to Petra and return 3 days/2nights Approx

We are taking a 3 night add on trip to Petra with Travel In Style. We'll already be traveling on a completely private tour with TIS and choose to add their Petra trip.

I am sure Omar will set you up with just a Petra trip even if you are not using them for the Egypt portion of your trip. Thus far we have been very pleased with their customer service and attention to detail.

Here is a link to their Jordan page:

www.travelinstyle.com/jordan/index.html

Gottagocit

adelaide, australia
Level Contributor
338 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cairo to Petra and return 3 days/2nights Approx

hi flang, my wife and i are going to egypt in feb 2008 and then a short 4 day trip to petra. we just told our agent in adelaide and she came back with times prices etc and we just settled on one that suited us. daz.

4. Re: Cairo to Petra and return 3 days/2nights Approx

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 22:17