We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Cairo with good location?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel in Cairo with good location?

Hi

I'm planning to stay in Cairo for 3 nights and want to stay at a hotel which is close to a Metro station - any recommendation?

Thanks!

USA
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Cairo with good location?

Hi,

Ramses Hilton - Nile Hilton - Helnan Shephared - Semeramis ( Down Town )

I stayed at hostel but it was excellent and it is called Wakw Up! Cairo Hostel, you can check it on www.hostelworld.com (iside egypt - cairo forum ).

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Cairo with good location?

Hello,

I would suggest the Nile Hilton, as it is on Tahrir Square, and it is easy to get to the Metro stop, just a couple of minutes.

Just a note on the Metro System, it has only 2 lines, some maps show 3, but the 3rd one is not in existance yet. So you can get to some places by Metro, but for many others you will still need to use Taxi's, which in any case are quite cheap and easy enough to get.

Tahrir squarea in the center of Cairo and you will find the Museum there and it is a short taxi ride to Khan Khalili and many of the major Islamic monuments. On the metro you can go to Mari Girgis station, which is the stop for Old Cairo (Coptic Cairo), that is very convenient.

Any of the downtown hotels and Hostels will be within walking distance of Metro stations. Please let me know if you need more specific information.

Here on the forum you will find reviews for all the hotels and hostels.

Regards

Wendy

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
309 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Cairo with good location?

I would agree the Nile Hilton is a great location. We actually stayed at Helnan Shepheard, which is SLIGHTLY less centrally located but was still easy to walk to Tahrir Square and the rates were good for a nice room and excellent breakfast. I did have a walk around the Nile Hilton and it seemed nicer and literally next to the Museum. If (when) I go back, I think that's where I'd want to be.

louguy231
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Cairo with good location?

I was wanting to stay at a hostel near downtown. I talked to a friend from Jordan the other day and she freaked out that I was going to cairo as a solo traveller. She was worried about my safety and so I have a question for those who have been to cairo. I want to stay at a budget hotel or hostel nothing over $50 a night, preferably lower. I do want someplace that is safe to stay and I won't get robbed as she said I would in bad areas of cairo. To me personally cairo is like any other major city with crime as usual. Does anyone have any suggestions about were to stay and the convenience of the area? I would also like to know if anyone would recommend a tour guide or company.

Thanks

5. Re: Hotel in Cairo with good location?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 05:24