We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FLights to Cairo from UK

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
FLights to Cairo from UK

I'm an Aussie about to travel to the UK and then Egyprt just after Christmas. return fligts Ive seen on skyscanner are about 350GBP or $750AUD from heathrow to cairo. Is this the average or can I find cheaper?

Cheers

NSW
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: FLights to Cairo from UK

Just to be clear, is this 350GBP for a return flight? If so, than yes this is a pretty good price. Cheap airlines that fly this route include:

BMI (lauching in Oct) www.flybmi.com/bmi/splash.aspx Egypt Air www.egyptair.com

XL www.xl.com

Thomsom Fly www.thomsonfly.com

Not sure if www.flythomascook.com fly to Cairo or only to Sharm as well.

Happy planning!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
290 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FLights to Cairo from UK

£350 is a pretty good price for scheduled flights from UK. When we lived there most of our flights back home for visits were around £450 (but work was paying so we didn't care *lol*) and were usually booked a month or two before flying.

We got flights for our recent trip at the end of May on BA for £263 - these were booked at the begining of January and that's the lowest I've ever seen them. BA may have a sale on later this year, but Cairo is very rarely included in their sale fares as the flights are often pretty fully booked.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: FLights to Cairo from UK

That is the average price I usually get on my own tickets but when I start booking early I can get prices as cheap as 280 or 270.

Use lastminute.com

they almost always have the best rates and sometimes STA travel.

Also try Egypt Air web site.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
290 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FLights to Cairo from UK

I find BA's own website usually beat or at least equal any 3rd party website, not sure whether BMI and Egyptair are the same though as we only fly BA. If the airline's own website is equal the price then I always book direct: it makes things so much easier to sort out if anything goes wrong. If you do book through a 3rd party agency check if they are ABTA/ATOL members: many online travelagencies aren't so you have less protection.

5. Re: FLights to Cairo from UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 20:20