We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Nile new owner?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
723 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Nile new owner?

Does anyone know who the new owners of the Cairo Nile Hilton will be? I'd like to book it for January 09.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Nile new owner?

It is being taken over by Ritz Carlton, and the renovations will take about 2 years.

There was a post about this a few weeks ago, but I can't seem to find it now.

Do not know what the booking situation will be, sorry.

Regards

Wendy

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
723 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Nile new owner?

HI, I thought I'd answer my own question in case anyone else is interested.

I was in Cairo yesterday and saw the hotel is still there and open. The lobby looked like a popular spot and it's right next door to the Eyptian Museum and most rooms looked like they'd have Nile views.

It's not the Hilton anymore, it's just called The Nile Hotel. I asked at the desk and they said the hotel will be closed down in about 8 months, (to turn it into a Ritz).

The web site doesn't seem to come up when I google it, so here it is.

the nile hotels .com

*just take ou the spaces -- if I put an actual link TA will remove it.

TA -- this is not advertising!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Nile new owner?

Thanks for the update on the old Nile Hilton, good to know that it is still open for a few months, but with a new name, still chance to go and enjoy a lunch in the outdoor cafe - a great place of a break from the Museum.

Regards

Wendy

4. Re: Hilton Nile new owner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 20:20