We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks All of the Experts.and ready for Any Questions?

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
313 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Thanks All of the Experts.and ready for Any Questions?

Thanks to all those who recommended me to be Cairo Expert and please if you have a question regarding anything around Cairo-Giza-Saqqara-Dahsur_Memphis.So don't hesitate to ask away and I'll be more than happy to answer A.S.A.P

And now One subject that some Visitors here asked about ( The Whirling Dervish show):

Today i was at the place where they perform it which is Wekalet El Ghoury In Al Azhar street (Khan el Khalili Market neighborhood)..

The show is performed 2 days a week Sundays and Wednesdays and the show starts at 8.30 Pm and is done by 10.00 Pm and they open the place for people to come and set down by the stage starting from 7.00 Pm and the show is free of charge.

Thanks and best regards

Ayman Ahmed

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,064 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks All of the Experts.and ready for Any Questions?

As you are a tour guide I should hope so.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
313 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks All of the Experts.and ready for Any Questions?

As i am a tour Guide you should Hope so.....?

That I'll be able to be of any help or...Sorry i didn't quiet get your Comment..

Level Contributor
79 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanks All of the Experts.and ready for Any Questions?

We will be staying at the Victoria Hotel off and on

for five nights. Are there any restaurants you can

recommend near the hotel? Are there any supermarkets

near the hotel?

We are booked for three nights on the M/S Renaissance. Do you know anything about the ship?

Any suggestions for things to do in the evening

if we aren't too tired?

Thanks for your help.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
313 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanks All of the Experts.and ready for Any Questions?

Hello ArthurAsa:

Victoria hotel is well centered hotel( near by the train station and it's at the edges of down town of Cairo.

Let's say that now we are the hotel Main Entrance,head right and for about 5 Minutes walk there are 4 to 5 super markets the sign may not show super market But it's more like your convenient stores.

And now if you are to head left from the hotel and walk for 5 minutes where a mosque will be on your left hand side now and then turn left beside the mosque and then left again make the mosque main gate to your left and walk for more 2 minutes through the bus station "and yeah it's through the bus station and when you get there you'll see way through it.." and there to your left side are the local restaurants and coffee shops.If you didn't feel like eating there so Continue to walk straight and then take the first left after the news paper Building(El Gomhoria) and there are more restaurants.

Regarding The Cruise it's one of the fair-priced Cruises,and it was a 5 star cruise but then it came down to 4 stars Cruise.and maybe in Luxor forums can be of more help for you.

At night if i were you living there/staying there so i would walk through down town area blend in with the locals night life and then once i reach Talaat Harb square i would have my coffee in groppi ( one of the oldest in Cairo 1800's) and then cross the street to Nile from in front of the museum and the museum will be the Reddish building to the right side of the square(Tahrir square) and then straight through which to the other side where the Nile is(Lover's lane).The walk is about 30 minutes at least and that if you take the Through down town route.if you want less time without walking through down town so take the left side as you do for the restaurants and then walk straight till you get to Tahrir square where the museum backside will be straight ahead.and this walk should be 20 minutes going.

and here is a link to what you can do at night.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294201-s402/Cairo:Eg…

Please feel free to ask about anything that might come to your mind..

Best regards

Ayman Ahmed

Level Contributor
79 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanks All of the Experts.and ready for Any Questions?

Thanks for the detailed reply. You've been very helpful.

ArthurAsa

Stuck in North Texas
Level Contributor
729 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanks All of the Experts.and ready for Any Questions?

Congratulations on being picked as a Destination Expert. I have received so much good information from the Experts on the TA Forums, including Wendy on this Forum! You are in good company.

I do have a question. We have put together an itinerary for Cairo.

We were going to Saqqara & Memphis (maybe not Dahsur?)for 1/2 day but now I am wondering if this would be a good choice for us, as we are older and not able to bend to walk down into the pyramids. Do you recommend a visit anyway?

Your opinion would be appreciated.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,139 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanks All of the Experts.and ready for Any Questions?

Brahmama,

There are no pyramids to enter at Saqqara & Memphis....did you mean that you now wonder if you should be visiting the 3 on the Giza plateau?

It is quite hard to walk in any of them:

~ www.touregyptphotos.com/showphoto.php… (someone inside the 2nd pyramid)

but they are def awe-inspiring & one can comfortably visit the solar boat, nr the pyramids (ie on the site).

I do love Saqqara tho & enjoy Memphis (have been twice to both). Memphis is quite small & one can get so close to some of the exhibits in the grounds....mummification tables & other artifacts. The Step Pyramid at Saqqara pre-dates the ones at Giza & the walk-in tomb of Mereruka is wonderful. You're upright for that.

Regards

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,139 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thanks All of the Experts.and ready for Any Questions?

P.S.

The price to see the solar boat, on the Giza Plateau is about 50LE. This link was provided by Kazl2000: www.egyptsites.co.uk/lower/giza/museum.html

Regards

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thanks All of the Experts.and ready for Any Questions?

PS. Actually, you should be able to get into pyramid of Teti at Sakkara, it is located more or less door to door with mastaba of Mereruka.

Louise

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,139 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thanks All of the Experts.and ready for Any Questions?

Oooh, I must have blinked & missed that! Will aim for that in Feb!

x