We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cairo Airport Help!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Cairo Airport Help!

Hi Everyone.

Is there a seperate airport in Cairo for Internation and domestic flights or is it the same airport?

I am flying into Cairo (international flight) at 5:30 am and planning to take a flight to Luxor at 7 am from Cairo. Is that enough time to clear immigration etc and make it to the 7 am Luxor flight?

Any help/suggestions will be greatly apreciated as we leave in 10 days!

Thanks.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cairo Airport Help!

Well, it depends whether T3 will be open or not. Domestic flights should all move there within a few days and international flights of Star Alliance will follow shortlly. If you use Egypt Air after T3 is ready, it will be a piece of cake as it will involve no change of terminals and no collection of luggage.

Otherwise, you will still be fine but if your flight arrives on time. If you arrive on time, you should be able to clear imigration and collect your luggage and head to T1 Hall 2 where domestic departures leave from. You will need to check-in there for the domestic flight. Check in closes around 20 minutes before departure. It takes an average of 30 minutes to finish your arrival procedures.

The transfer to the domestic terminal is a 5-minute walk if you arrive in T1 and a 10-minute taxi (20 LE) or free shuttle bus ride (leaves once every 30 minutes) if you arrive at T2.

So, you can make your calculations based on the above.

If you tell me which airline and where you are coming from, I can know which terminal you will arrive at.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cairo Airport Help!

HI Darsh,

Thanks a ton for the information. We fly into Terminal 1 (Egyptair) International flight at 5:30 am from Mumbai (India). Flight from Cairo to Luxor is at 7 am. What do you think?

THANKS!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cairo Airport Help!

You will be fine. It is a very short walk to domestic departures.

I guess you will arrive in Hall 3, just get out and walk to your right hand side and Hall 2 will face you.

If you arrive in Hall one (highly unlikely) walk to the left hand side, pass departures and then go around the Control Tower and hall 2 will be on your left.

And since both flights are on Egypt Air, even if you get a delayed arrival (you need more than an hour delay in that case) and you miss your flight, they will put you on the next one. There are many departures to Luxor through the day.

So, don't worry.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cairo Airport Help!

I just read that domestic flights to some destinations have been moved to Hall 4 at T1. This hall is used usually for VIP and private jets, but during the Hajj season where there are many pilgrames going to Saudi Arabia, they use the domestic hall for those and transfer some domestic flights to Hall 4.

This arrangements should be in place until the opening of T3 soon.

I have never been to Hall 4 before so I don't know where exactlly it is, but since it is in T1 it should not be far. Ask Egypt Air ground staff when you arrive where your flight will leave form and if it is Hall 4, ask them how you can get there, its houldn't be a problem.

5. Re: Cairo Airport Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 12:25