We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairmont Heliopolis or Fairmont Towers Heliopolis

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
689 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Fairmont Heliopolis or Fairmont Towers Heliopolis

I'm so confused! Are these hotels next to each other? They have different addresses...

The "Towers" is much more expensive -- can anyone tell me what's the difference? Thanks!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fairmont Heliopolis or Fairmont Towers Heliopolis

The two hotels are attached to each other, Fairmont Heliopolis was previously Sheraton Heliopolis and was build in the 1980's.

The Fairmont is new and is very up to date, therfore the higher price.

My daughter stayed at the Fairmont Heliopolis at the start of her honeymoon and was very happy with it.

The Fairmont Towers has been gettinh very good reviews on TA.

Note that both the hotels are not very convenient for touring Cairo, they are very close to the airport, and the website is quite misleading about the location details.

Regards

Wendy

Wendy

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
689 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fairmont Heliopolis or Fairmont Towers Heliopolis

Thanks Wendy!

3. Re: Fairmont Heliopolis or Fairmont Towers Heliopolis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 07:20