We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relative location of hotels in Cairo, Egypt on a single map

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NY
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Relative location of hotels in Cairo, Egypt on a single map

I am looking to see the relative location of different hotels with respect to each other in Cairo, Egypt. Is there a source for a single map where I can find all different hotels mapped out so that one can see how far apart or how close they are to each other? I need to go to Cairo, but probably will have to stay at a hotel different from some of my other friends. Some of the hotels I would like to see in a single map are:

-Sofitel El Gezirah

-Intercontinental Semiramis

-Four Seasons

Also, if anyone is familiar with all three hotels, could they provide the relative comparison of the hotels in terms of quality? Thank you for any help you can provide.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
703 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Relative location of hotels in Cairo, Egypt on a single map

Lonely Planet has an excellent map which shows all those hotels. There are reviews of them on tripadvisor, but i think most people would agree The 4 Seasons is by far the best...and by far the most expensive! (Also look at The Marriott in Zamalek)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Relative location of hotels in Cairo, Egypt on a single map

Hello,

The Four Seasons has two hotels in Cairo, they are both on the Nile, the Nile Plaza is in Garden City (nice area) and is quite close to the Semiramis Hotel (walkable). Their other hotel is the Residence, it is on the other side of the river in Giza and the posittion is not as convenient.

Sofitel Gezirah is on the opposite side of the Nile, the location is ok.

You can see the hotel reviews here, expect for the Four Seasons Residence, for that you will need the Giza Forum.

The Nile Plaza is very expensive.

As the poster above suggested the Marriot in Zamalek is a good choice - reasonable cost too and great gardens and pool.

Here is an insider page about the various areas of Cairo :

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294201-c85757/Cairo:…

I found this pictorial fun map on the net, if you make it bigger it may be of use :

http://www.in2egypt.com/Greater_Cairo_Map.jpg

The Semiramis hotel is easy to pick out in Garden City. Also the Hotel Gezirah (now sofitel Geziah)the hotel is round.

Anyway hope the above will be of help to you.

Regards

Wendy

I think that Expedia shows where the hotels are.

NY
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Relative location of hotels in Cairo, Egypt on a single map

Thank you, Wendy, for the detailed information and the map. The map gives a general idea of where is what, but unfortunately, when it is zoomed in to show detail, it is rather blurry.

I know that Orbitz maps each individual hotel on a map, and so does Expedia, but I do not think either one of them maps more than one hotel on to the same map. Or is there a way to map more than one that I am not familir with?

Regards and Best Wishes for the New Year!

NY
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Relative location of hotels in Cairo, Egypt on a single map

Thank you for the feedback on the relative quality of hotels. It confirms what I suspected.

As regards the map, unfortunately, I do not have access to the Lonely Planet book. I was looking for an Internet source, if there is one.

Regards and Best Wishes for the New Year.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
215 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Relative location of hotels in Cairo, Egypt on a single map

Here's a great map of Cairo, and it shows 2 of your hotels:

http://www.fajr.com/images/Cairo_Map.jpg

You will see the Grand Hyatt circled near the centre - the Sofitel El Gezirah is just above it, on the end of the island.

To the right, at the other end of the bridge is the Semiramis Intercontinental.

There appear to be 2 Four Seasons Hotels in Cairo - Nile Plaza and First Residence. Which one are you thinking about?

Neither is on this map, but I believe the Nile Plaza one is immediately to the right of the Grand Hyatt, on the mainland; just above where the Cambodia Embassy is.

And I believe for the First Residence, look left then down from Grand Hyatt; the hotel is probably between Nahdet Masr Square, and the Turkish embassy, near as I can figure.

Jocelyn

NY
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Relative location of hotels in Cairo, Egypt on a single map

Jocelyn,

The map is indeed excellent! The resolution is great and one can zoom it up several times and still see everything so clearly. Thank you for sharing this very helpful resource.

Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!

Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Relative location of hotels in Cairo, Egypt on a single map

GlobalLT

The Lonely Planet map is available on their website. Its an interactive map that shows different criteria such as places of interest, hotels, hostels etc.

Just follow the link and click to see the map instead of the hotel / hostel list.

hotels.lonelyplanet.com/hotel/?RegionId=426

8. Re: Relative location of hotels in Cairo, Egypt on a single map

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 15:17