We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review of Tour Guide Nibal Gouda & Sheema

Which Cairo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Review of Tour Guide Nibal Gouda & Sheema

I booked 2 full day private tour for three people and was HORRIBLY DISAPPOINTED by the level of service. Our tour was given to one of her employee, Sheema, because Nibal said she wasn’t feeling one because she has been busy with many tours. We suspect that she probably just overbooked and gave the tour to her employee to handle.

1) Sheema was consistently always on her cellular phone talking. Her cellular phone was always ringing. She will be explaining the architecture and her phone will go off and she will excuse herself to talk on the phone. Many times during the day Sheema will tell us to go explore by ourselves and than go off and talk on her cellular phone.

2) HORRIBLE ORGANIZATION. For the second day, we were starved to 4 pm. On the first day we explicitly told her that we did not want to eat in Al-Azhar park, we would like to try Pizza Hut. Sheema took us to the park around noon time and than asked us how long we wanted to stay and if we wanted to eat lunch there. We told her that we wanted to stay until two and than eat lunch at Pizza Hut and than go to Old Cairo to visit the Churches. Sheema told us that we cannot do that because Old Cairo closes at 4 pm so if we stay to long and also go somewhere else to eat than we will not have enough time to visit Old Cairo. This means we were forced to visit the park for a short period of time and than visit Old Cairo before we can eat. My mom is not young and to not be able to eat for almost the whole day was really hard on her. She barely had any strength to walk around.

3) For our last stop, at the Coptic Museum, Sheema told us that we can look around by ourselves because they now have tags that explains to everything to you. The reason I hired you is so I can have a real person explain to me, not me going and reading myself. If that was what I wanted to do I would have not hired a private tour guide and just bought myself a guide book. After a few minutes, Sheema than said that she had to go, it was only 2:30 pm, and asked us for the tour money in the middle of the museum. I found that to be very rude, if you needed the money can you please do so in a more private area so that the whole place wouldn’t know that we are carrying cash. After she took the money, she left us in the museum by ourselves to explore.

4) We were under the impression that a full day tour was from morning to night. Even a normal work schedule is 8 hours. Sheema was only with us from morning 10 to afternoon 2:30 pm on both days. That is only about 4 hours that doesn’t constitute a full day of work.

The only bright thing that I can say was our driver. He was very sweet and nice during both days. On the second day, after he picked us up from the museum he made a special stop so that we can pick up some food to eat before going back to the hotel. My family and I went to Egypt excited and happy, but left with these unhappy memories. I felt very bad because I was the one who planned everything. I hope that whoever you choose to book with will be very good and that you will leave Egypt with happy memories.

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Review of Tour Guide Nibal Gouda & Sheema

I'm sorry that your guide did not live up to the expectations, but I am glad you took the time to write a balanced review, which can help out other travellers decide which guides to use and which guides not to use.

Louise

Deming
Level Contributor
74 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Review of Tour Guide Nibal Gouda & Sheema

Thank you for your review. I am planning a visit in April and will book another guide as I am also doing the organising for our trip.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
900 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Review of Tour Guide Nibal Gouda & Sheema

When I was planning our trip to Egypt, I requested a price from Nibal Gouda. I remember that she was very expensive and so I am sure that you paid dearly for those 4 hours. So sorry about what happened.

ada
cardiff
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Review of Tour Guide Nibal Gouda & Sheema

i think the problem with Nibal is that she is now running a cooperative type venture with a number of female guides who she needs to keep a tighter rein on or she will lose her own good reputation.We had a guide called Manal who was ok in Alexandria but came into her own in Cairo. She explained the arrangement with Nibal and was quite keen at the end that we post on TA as this seems to be a good income generator for them unlike the male guides who have more access to business.

England
Level Contributor
410 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Review of Tour Guide Nibal Gouda & Sheema

I too asked for the pricing from Ms.Gouda and it was one of the most expensive quote I got - and it only included guide & transport only.

I'm sorry to hear of your terrible experience

6. Re: Review of Tour Guide Nibal Gouda & Sheema

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 01:18